MULTIPLE POSITIONS AND SHIFTS AVAILABLE
Elliott-Lewis Corporation has grown and we are looking to hire for several newly created positions in our organization. We have multiple openings for BOTH inexperienced and also seasoned Building Engineers here in Center City, Philadelphia for well-known clients. These new positions each have different responsibilities which can include: repair and/or maintenance of mechanical, plumbing, and even HVAC equipment. We are seeking a wide array of candidates for multiple positions, but all applicants should have technical knowledge of general building maintenance and carpentry from their education, or hands-on experience, or both. To meet the Elliott-Lewis standard of excellence, candidates should be detail-oriented, as well as possess strong written and verbal communication skills. Please note that Class “A” Certification is preferred but not required. Our organization welcomes applicants that are both union members and non-union.
Since 1905, Elliott-Lewis and its family of companies have a reputation of being a premier provider of Mechanical Services, Facilities Management, and Crane Rentals.
- Education at high school level education or general education degree (GED)
- Possess an aptitude for assessing building support functions (i.e., mechanical, plumbing, and electrical, carpentry, elevators, and fire and life safety systems)
- Ability to operate and functionally use a computer along with computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS)
- Possess a working knowledge of Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
- Ability to work under general supervision
- Must maintain professional competence, ethical integrity, knowledge, and skills
- Must be able to read and comprehend complicated materials and instructions and be able to communicate both verbally and in writing
- Class “A” Engineers license (Philadelphia)
- CFC Certification is desired, but not mandatory for application, but must be obtained within 6 months
- Driver’s License in good order greatly valued
- Voctaional traingin through trade school or bachelors degree valued but not mandatory
- Consistently Required: Walking, standing, bending, or twisting
- Frequently Required: Bending or twisting, kneeling, crouching, stooping, and crawling. Working with various chemicals
- Occasionally Required: Working with arms raised over head. Max carries 75lbs. Push/pull 40-75lbs. Exposure to hot and cold temperatures. Working from or on ladders. Working at heights. Exposure to high sound levels. Operate motorized equipment.
- Elliott-Lewis offers a robust compensation package including:
- Competitive pay,
- Retirement Plan,
- Vacation Packages,
- Sick Pay,
- Medical / Health Insurance Plans,
- Dental coverage,
- Additional voluntary benefits including several life insurance options, accident insurance, several disability insurance options, and more.
We recognize that great talent can come from a variety of backgrounds. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to affirmative action and diversity. Background, MVR checks, and drug tests are performed for all positions.
Equal Opportunity Employer including Disability/Vets
Last updated on Sep 26, 2023