NUA Manufacturing is leading the innovation revolution in modern methods of construction for Ireland’s homes of tomorrow. We are changing the game, bringing ground-breaking technologies to our industry to supply more homes of a higher standard to meet demand.
Our people, our expertise and our cutting-edge manufacturing technology, thinking and techniques for fabricating timber frames and light gauge steel drives our ambition to lead the market and set new standards in home construction.
This position will be based in our Arklow manufacturing facility.
The purpose of this role is to coordinate all key elements of our Truss & Joist production process to ensure a smooth operation end to end.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- The production coordinator is responsible for the delivery of the business targets which have been set out by the Company and clearly communicated for the production function
- Ensuring effective management of the production processes which are agreed and aligned to the customer delivery schedules
- Support the production operatives in the achievement of their daily targets by coaching and resolving any issues that may arise
- Responsibility for the staff structure and planning along with any disciplinary actions required
- Effective and efficient management of the order process for timber and metal work items for both factory and yard. Ensure adequate stock at all times in line with scheduled production
- Owns the relationship with our third-party haulage contractors to ensure efficient management of our customer delivery schedules
- Drives compliance to all company policies and procedures
- Owns the plant & machinery agenda from the point of view of scheduling repairs and maintenance
- Identifies and schedules all training requirements for the department
- Is committed to process improvement and strives for a best-in-class production function
- Support GM in the construction and implementation of long-term strategic plan to build a sustainable, profitable business
- Experience working in a similar position within the manufacturing industry previously is essential
- Planning and organisation skills to be able run and monitor the production process
- The ability to act decisively and solve staff or equipment-related problems
- The capacity to grasp concepts easily
- Microsoft office literacy to ensure effective performance reporting
- Attention to detail to ensure high levels of quality
- The ability to communicate clearly and persuasively with your team, managers and clients
- Strong Negotiation skills for getting materials within budget and at the right time
- The ability to work under pressure and motivate others to meet deadlines
- The ability to work in a logical, systematic manner
- Monitoring of production targets and aligning with delivery expectations
- Competitive salary
- Excellent onsite facilities
- Free parking onsite
- L&D programmes for career development
NUA Manufacturing is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from suitably qualified candidates from all sections of the community. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the recruitment process, please notify the Talent Acquisition team by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated on Jun 1, 2023