The Compensation Director is a key H.R. and Total Rewards function member responsible for compensation programs for approximately 8,500 team members. He/she will report to the V.P. of Total Rewards and work closely with the Human Resources and Finance Departments and third-party vendors. This position requires a highly detail-orientated person with significant knowledge of compensation plans, including regulatory statutes.
He/she will create and implement employee compensation programs designed to recruit, engage, and develop a reward for HelloFresh’s talent to drive organizational performance. He/she will lead the development of a compensation strategy and implement new and revised programs, policies, and procedures.
Ensures that H.F.’s programs are internally equitable, externally competitive, fiscally responsible, and administered consistently. The individual will build and maintain productive relationships with all stakeholders, including HR, Payroll, and other internal and external customers.
- Help drive forward strategic compensation framework: pay for performance, capital allocation, cost containment, etc.
- Oversees the annual salary budget and compensation planning process. Develops and presents annual salary budget recommendations that are internally equitable, externally competitive, and fiscally responsible to senior management.
- Ensures up-to-date external competitive benchmarking and labor market data are obtained and analyzed.
- Directs the use of published salary surveys, methods of job matching, update of salary structures, and summarization of analyses and data.
- Partner with the HR Tech team to create and implement processes and procedures that facilitate the smooth flow of compensation data between client groups and HR effectively and timely.
- Directs effective compensation consulting to managers and HR team members, advising on trends in compensation and on the current rates of pay for given jobs and job categories and advising regarding individual compensation issues, creating tailored solutions as needed
- Educates stakeholders (HRBP, Talent Acquisition, and client leaders) on using competitive salary information.
- Provides input and advice to clients regarding individual compensation issues and creates tailored solutions as needed.
- Builds and maintains strong working relationships with functional management to ensure success.
- Review, design, develop, and implement updated compensation-related policies and procedures as needed.
- Partner with the Analytics team to build compensation reporting and analytics, including core reports, compensation metrics, and dashboard
- Perform other duties and special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Maintain current knowledge of market trends regarding compensation issues and legislative or regulatory trends.
- Manage multiple parallel projects with minimal direction, exercising independent judgment and initiative with autonomy.
- A minimum of 10 years of professional experience in compensation with increasing levels of responsibility, with a minimum of 6 years successfully leading a team of compensation professionals for a multi-national company
- Experience in compensation program design in complex environment
- Extensive experience working in a complex multi hourly distribution center/facility preferred
- Work on multiple tasks simultaneously, while ensuring tasks are completed on time in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with exceptional attention to detail
- A self-starter/high initiative to proactively identify opportunities to improve and find solutions.
- Strong working knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local compensation laws and regulations for US and Canada.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated analytical aptitude, highly organized with attention to details
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities, meet deadlines and be a change agent.
- 5+ years of experience with Workday a plus
- Ability to work on-site, in-office, 2 days of the week
- Competitive salary, 401k with company match that vests immediately upon participation, and company equity plan based on role
- Generous PTO and parental leave of up to 16 weeks
- Comprehensive health and wellness benefits with options at $0 monthly, effective first day of employment
- Tuition reimbursement for continuing education
- Up to 75% discount on subscriptions to HelloFresh meal plans (HelloFresh, Green Chef, Everyplate, and Factor_)
- Access to 6 different Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including those for minorities, women, veterans, parents, and LGBTQ+
- Inclusive, collaborative, and dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company that is growing exponentially year over year
New York Pay Range
Colorado Pay Range
Last updated on Sep 26, 2023