Changing the way people think about waste.
At Biffa, we love working with waste. Whether we’re turning it into sustainable power, finding new ways to recycle it or simply keeping it off the streets, we believe every day is an opportunity to improve the lives of millions. It’s a view that’s shared by our 10,500+ people around the country, who trust us to provide them with a career that’s always rewarding, often challenging, but never dull. And it’s why we’re the UK’s No. 1 choice for business waste management.
A quick look at the role.
We are on the hunt for a Transport Supervisor to efficiently and effectively manage the day-to-day operations of the Traffic Office. Ensuring health and safety, environmental and operator licence compliance won’t simply be your bread and butter, it needs to be your passion. Along with delivering first-class customer service and cultivating an environment where continuous improvement is the norm, not the exception.
Why it’s an opportunity not to be wasted.
- A chance to provide leadership, deliver work instructions and monitor the performance of traffic dispatchers, driver, and operatives – i.e Review of Depot KPI’s, Service, Safety and Profitability.
- An opportunity to effectively manage a fleet of vehicles, including liaison with fleet, safe vehicle operations, wheel security and to monitor vehicle gross weights.
- An expectation to ensure compliance with transport and environmental legislation is adhered to, including any third-party insurance claims.
- Playing an integral role in supporting the management of on-going cost control, actively seeking to improve efficiency to reduce operating costs and increase profitability to support the meeting of and exceeding of budgets.
- Being trusted to ensure all aspects of Health and Safety are strictly adhered to, near miss reporting and emergency procedures.
- A chance to review all near miss reporting to ensure we offer a First-Class customer experience and ensure that all associated actives are completed.
- An expectation to complete all administrative tasks associated with the role, including work sheets and tachograph records.
- Being proactive in developing and maintaining a good working relationship with internal and external customers.
Here’s what we require:
- At least 2 years experience in a position of similar responsibility in Services or Logistics industry.
- National CPC is essential.
- Experience of people and health and safety management within a unionised and multi-shift environment.
- Knowledge of transport legislation.
- Knowledge of existing and impending environmental and health and safety legislation.
- Strong knowledge of the local area.
- The ability to work within a commercially driven and time-critical environment.
- Experience of operational line management along ideally in a Trade Union environment.
- Previous exposure of managing in a labour intensive, multi-shift environment.
- The ability to communicate with conviction, plan with precision and, most importantly, play well with others.
- Minimum GCSE (or equivalent) in English and Maths, however A-Levels or a Degree certainly won’t do any harm.
- Willingness to travel within the UK for business meeting and project work that may be at other locations.
And here’s why you’ll love it at Biffa.
- Ongoing career development, training and coaching – because if you don’t grow, we don’t grow.
- Competitive salary and bonus.
- Generous pension scheme.
- Medical and dental scheme.
- Retail and leisure discounts.
- Holiday and travel discounts.
- Bike to work scheme.
- Plus much more….
Dedicated to diversity.
At Biffa we believe different ideas, perspective and backgrounds are key to developing a creative working environment that delivers real results. It’s why you’ll find us championing diversity and equality at every turn.
Last updated on Sep 19, 2023