Studio Assistant | Commercial Team | London | Full-Time
We’re Hutch Games, a mobile games developer & publisher with studios in central London, Dundee and Canada. Our mission is to build the most diverse and engaged automotive gaming community on mobile. Our games have been played by over 300 million people, with new titles in development.
We believe in putting our people first. Here you can make games without sacrificing quality time with family and friends. We strive to ensure our people are happy and healthy.
Our teams are small and empowered, they have the independence to take on creative and technical challenges together, to work collaboratively, to make great games and have fun along the way.
We believe in; Looking after our people, small empowered teams, complete transparency, test, learn repeat, community at the core and the freedom to focus on what truly makes a difference to our players.
We’re driven by our players! Come and Join the mission!
Hutch are looking for an exceptional individual to join the company as a Studio Assistant in London. The main responsibility of the Studio Assistant is to work alongside our Senior Studio Coordinator to ensure the smooth day-to-day running of the office, whilst delivering general support for the team as may be required.
The Studio Assistant will be expected to arrive before the team to ensure the office environment is fully functional and in good order, conducive to the needs of the business and welcoming for visitors. This is a great opportunity within a creative, exciting and growing business to help deliver a fun and vibrant environment for the team. Note, the candidate hired for this position is required to be present in the office every working day.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Welcome / greet visitors
- Proactive at ensuring general tidiness of office
- Manage receipt of any deliveries to office and ensure office food & beverage is stocked and replenished
- Monitor stationery levels and order office supplies/equipment as required
- Coordinate office equipment repairs
- General duties including but not limited to key cutting, postage and couriers, taking deliveries, general purchases, ad hoc errands, etc.
- Assist with booking travel for the studio teams as required and researching itineraries
- Management and tracking of IT equipment
- Assist with technological items such as VC, speakers and projector management set-ups
- Manage ADT access control system
- Assist with health & safety, first aid and fire safety
- Assist with maintenance schedule of general facilities (i.e. air-con, emergency lighting, etc.)
- Assist with the planning and execution of team events
- Be the key contact for the Dundee office team and supporting their requirements
- Support the teams and the Senior Studio Coordinator with any tasks as may be necessary
- Respond to email, telephone or face to face enquiries
- General filing, typing, copying and scanning of documents
- Other tasks as may be required from time-to-time
- Willing to roll sleeves up and demonstrate a hands on approach
- Comfortable to carry out physical duties e.g carrying deliveries from ground floor to others floors *Please note that there is no lift in the building and there are three floors in in total
- Requirement to assemble and move office furniture (chairs, sofas, tables, monitors etc) when needed
- Confident and comfortable to share Company wide communication e.g via Slack, email etc
- Friendly and can do approach
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organised, detail oriented with an excellent level of accuracy
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of G-Suite & MS Office
- Good time management skills
- Proactive problem solving abilities to deal with challenging deadlines and priorities
- Able to prioritise effectively and respond positively to fluid situations
- Self-motivated, reliable, trustworthy and hardworking
- Works well both independently and within a team
- Flexibility with starting earlier or staying later as required, to meet the needs of the business
- Previous experience of Google Suite, Slack and Trello
- Technology curious and knowledgeable
- Experience with organising and coordinating events
Our HQ is in the heart of Shoreditch in central London. We have additional offices in Dundee and Mahone Bay, Nova Scotia. We're an agile, creative team with people at the core of our values. We reward our employees with;
- Hutch is now a 4-Day Work Week company*
- Flexible working hours
- Remote working 2 days per week
- Excellent salary
- Private health care
- Enhanced Maternity (18 weeks) and Paternity leave (6 weeks)
- Access to mental health initiatives such as private mental health coaching
- Support to learn, develop and progress within Hutch
- Free snacks and drinks
- Social events, game launch parties, Thursday night drinks and much more
*This will mean that Hutch employees will work a maximum of 4 days per week (30 hours/week) Mon-Thurs, with zero reductions in pay (compared to a 5 day working week).
- Transparent - Being transparent and open helps us to be trusted and fosters integrity.
- Humble - When we are humble we show humility, we let go of egos and we are self-aware.
- Collaborative - We value teamwork, the spirit of collaboration and the results of working together.
- Driven - We have drive and ambition and always push for the best results rather than settling.
- Adaptable - Demonstrating the ability to adapt ultimately helps us grow and helps us thrive in different situations
We value diversity and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all suitable applicants. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Come and find out more about Hutch. We make racing games, but it’s not the only thing that drives us - https://www.hutch.io
Last updated on Aug 8, 2023