About the Role
The account director is a proven business and marketing leader that acts as the client’s strategic partner and provides oversight, encouragement and insight to the rest of the account team in particular and the whole internal team.
The account director is an expert in the client’s business, is a master of the process, has great creative judgment and strategic insight. The account director uses these skills to work ahead of the client and the account, showing strategic leadership and working with the strategy/creative departments to establish what is next for the business and bring that to bear for the client, driving the business forward. Internally, the account director is responsible for the growth of the team, setting and delivering a high bar of operational excellence and coaching the team to that bar, in particular for the account team. Externally, the account director nurtures a strong relationship with the client based on trust, partnership and forward thinking (identifying opportunities and trends for the client and how they can help drive their business).
The ideal candidate in this role has vast experience working with Brands ideally (but not required) from industries such as Hospitality, Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG), Travel and Technology
- Reports to the Associate Group Account Director
- Lead the team and the client business as if it is your own money.
- Be a driving force - internally and externally
- Know the client’s business and competitors to ensure decisions are made that take both into account.
- Consistently think ahead of both internal and external teams to ensure success.
- Identify the needs for, then help set the strategic direction for the business and creative ahead of and in partnership with internal stakeholders and client.
- Ensure the creative meets both the strategic and business goals.
- Ensure team wide operational excellence.
- Set the standard
- Work with the team to meet the standard
- Manage up to ensure consensus and to identify administrative issues
- Mentor and drive the entire team’s projects and learning.
- Be an inspiration for the whole team (beyond account service).
- Ensure client satisfaction and business profitability.
- Serve as a trusted advisor, leader, alternately driving strategic and tactical thinking for technical, business, and operational initiatives across client organizations
- Working with the AGAD, negotiate scope, timeline, and pricing in a confident and optimistic manner to reach an agreement with the client
- Work with the AGAD to establish and exceed revenue growth benchmarks for key accounts
- Work with AGAD to identify new business opportunities, including up-selling and growing current accounts, pitching, and presenting capabilities
- Drive innovation and thought leadership for clients and Cashmere Agency by presenting examples of programs and trends that inspire the internal team and clients.
- Ensure client satisfaction and profitability
- Develop and lead a truly integrated, cross-functional team through performance management and regular, consistent feedback
- Provides ongoing clear feedback to the team and is a strong communicator
- Manages and balances both client and agency, representing the broad scope of interests
- Investigate and mitigate client concerns and work to resolve them with the appropriate cross-functional leads
- Support AGAD to service P&L management (revenue recognition, target development, margin and profitability, expense management)
- Identify and communicate organizational or business roadblocks on the client-side running counter to agency interests
- Involve the internal departments to understand the work we are scoped to develop and to determine its potential for external and internal use, including case study worthiness
- Manage the development of client presentations for new initiatives with cross-functional experts and present in conjunction with account and other team leads
- Ensure internal team members are updated regularly on the client’s business
- Provide approvals and feedback on key initiatives, presentations, and work output
- Drive Account Leadership on the statement of work development and upcoming work
- Foster a collaborative working environment where ideas and constructive opinions thrive
- Active involvement in Cashmere Agency and externally throughout the industry
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- 8-10+ years of professional and relevant experience – can include brand management, account sales, consulting-OR-
- 5+ years’ experience in an agency environment with a mix of digital, traditional, public relations, influencers and experiential
- Proven experience in people management and team development
- Cross-functional experience (media, influencer, creative, public relations, experiential, technology, mobile, social, finance)
- Client-centric, winning attitude internally within Cashmere Agency and externally
- Diplomatic in providing strong POV and making difficult decisions
- Able to work with a broad spectrum of people - senior to junior level, multiple mindsets
- Experienced in crisis and issue management across multiple client levels
- Skilled in presenting and having command with senior-level clients and large rooms of people
- Superior written and verbal communications skills; demonstrated ability to effectively multitask, delegate and manage assignments and accurately evaluate others work
- Ability to command a room as a dynamic public speaker with strategic credibility among key stakeholders
- Strong strategic, analytical, and project management skills: demonstrated ability to take responsibility for a diverse number of projects and to complete them in a timely manner with limited supervision.
- Ability to inspire great work
- Ability to sell a point of view or ideas through storytelling
- Ability to manage multiple client levels and navigate different client agendas
- Mix of agency-side and client-side experience preferred
- Ability to travel domestically overnight travel up to 15%
- Valid Driver’s License Required
At Media.Monks, we believe in fostering an environment where a diversity of perspectives can thrive. We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building a team that reflects the communities we serve. We welcome and encourage qualified applicants, from all backgrounds, who are excited to contribute to our mission.
What We Offer
Media.Monks has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what Media.Monks may pay for the position at the time of posting. Media.Monks may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on job-related factors, but not based on a candidate’s sex or any other protected status.
LOCATION salary range
$150K — $160K USD
- Excellent, full coverage medical, dental, and vision insurance with employer-paid HRA
- Generous PTO and 15 company-wide holidays
- 401k with company contribution
- Paid parental leave
- Work-life balance with an emphasis on personal well-being with subscriptions to Headspace, employee assistance program, and access to fitness apps
- Lifestyle Spending Account (LSA) for you to use on financial and emotional well-being programs
- Career growth in a disruptor space & entrepreneurial opportunities within the Media.Monks network
- A globally diverse & inclusive culture with employee resource groups such as S4 Melanin, Pride.Monks, Cultura.Monks, and more!
- Authentic commitment to DEI efforts and sustainable growth. (Why Sir Martin Sorrell signed The Climate Pledge here!)
Media.Monks is the purely digital operating brand of S4Capital plc that connects 8,600+ digital natives across one global team. We are united by a mission to shift industries forward and pave the path towards ambitious outcomes so our clients and our people can realize their full potential for growth. Our unified model combines solutions in media, data, social, platforms, studio, experience, brand and technology services to help our clients continuously reinvent themselves throughout increasingly rapid cycles of disruption. Our efforts to shape culture, build innovative technologies and unlock the future of growth have earned recognition from numerous esteemed panels: we maintain a constant presence on Adweek’s Fastest Growing lists (2019-22), regular recognition at Cannes Lions, inclusion in AdExchanger’s Programmatic Power Players (2020-23), the title of Webby Production Company of the Year (2021-23), a record number of FWAs, and have earned a spot on Newsweek’s Top 100 Global Most Loved Workplaces 2023. Together, these achievements solidify our experience in digital innovation, excellence in craft, and commitment to personal growth.
While we continue to grow our teams, please be mindful of fraudulent job postings and recruiting activities that may use our company name and information. Please be mindful to protect your personal information, especially your national identification number, and bank account information during a recruiting process. While Media.Monks may reach out to potential candidates via LinkedIn, we will always ask applicants to apply through our website (https://media.monks.com/careers) and will never ask for payment or bank account information during the recruitment process.
Responsible for resourcing and implementing security controls for your teams processes and systems
Responsible that all your personnel apply information security in accordance with the established information security policy
Last updated on Oct 26, 2023