Mukuru is on the lookout for Provinical Sales Manager to join our team.
The main purpose of this role is to expand and grow provinces through territory expansion as well as manage regionals.
Duties and Responsibilities (Includes but are not limited to):
- Manage the recruitment, hiring , and training of SPs and IOs sales teams in the province.
- Set monthly and weekly sales goals, compare performance to goals, and adjust goals as needed
- Develop and execute a sales strategy and plan for the province
- Responsible for the performance and development of the Regional Sales Supervisors.
- Monitor and report on competitor strategies, plans and activities
- Prepares action plans by individuals as well as by team for effective search of sales leads and prospects and the IOs
- Initiate and coordinate the development of action plans to penetrate new markets and outcompete competitors.
- Assist in the development and implementation of marketing plans as needed.
- Conducts one-on-one review with all Regional Sales Supervisors to build more effective communications, to understand training and development needs and to provide insight for the improvement of Regional Sales Supervisors sales andactivity performance.
- Provide timely feedback to senior management regarding performance.
- Provide timely, accurate, competitive pricing on send money home products rates
- Maintain accurate records of all pricings, sales, and activity reports submitted by Regional Supervisors
- Create and conduct proposal presentations.
- Assist Regional Sale Supervisors in preparation of proposals and presentations.
- Control expenses to meet budget guidelines.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- Recruit, test, and hire Regional Sales Supervisors based on criteria agreed upon by senior management.
- Ensure that all Regional Sales Supervisors meet or exceed all activity standards for prospecting calls, appointments, presentations, proposals and closes sales deals.
- Delegate authority and responsibility with accountability and follow-up.
- Set examples and be role models for Regional Sales Supervisors character, commitment, organizational and selling skills, and work habits.
- Conduct regular meetings with Regional Sales Supervisors and communicate motivation and selling skills.
- Maintain contact with all SPs and IOs in the market area to ensure high levels of client satisfaction.
- Ensure that Regionals Supervisors effectively manage IOs that they have staff at all times and that customers are assisted with number changes and updates.
- Demonstrate the ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees
- Proactively support company compliance to Health and Safety legislation through adherence to company polices, processes and practices.
- Ensure that all business activity is conducted in line with company values, policies and ethics codes of conduct.
- Undertake any other activity as reasonably requested by management
- Assess current team processes and procedures, identify opportunities for improvement, and implement them.
- Develop individual quotas and assign territories for team members
- Provide detailed and accurate sales signup, conversions and card forecasts
- Coach, mentor, and provide feedback to team members
- Foster a competitive yet collaborative team environment
- Assess individual performance through observation and measurement, and suggest corrective actions as needed
Qualifications for Provincial Sales Supervisor
- Bachelor's degree or Diploma in Business, Marketing, Communications, or related field
- At least 5 years of experience in sales management environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to lead a team to meet quotas.
Skills and Experience Required
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Experience with use of sales tools like Asana, Rocksoft MS .
- Computer literacy in Ecxel, Word and Power Point Presentations.
- Proven leadership and ability to drive sales teams.
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
- Willingness to travel and work in a diversity team environment.
- Experience setting sales goals
- Results-oriented with strong analytical skills
- Analytical skills
- Communication and listening skills,
- Human relations skills, -
- Organization and time management skills,
- Knowledge possession, coaching skills,
- Motivational skills,
- Honest and ethical tendencies,
- Selling skills,
- Leadership skills,
- Willingness to empower skills .
- Interpersonal skills
- Strategic planning
- Respect for others
- Driven to achieve goals
- Leadership - ability to lead matrix teams
- Flexibility – able to lead effectively within an environment of ambiguity
- Gently assertive
- Team working – able to work effectively as part of a team whilst encouraging and fostering teamwork; open to others ideas and input
- Influencing – high level of interpersonal skills, demonstrable ability to present ideas and take people with them
- Respect for others
- Flexible, adaptable and pragmatic
Accountability and Performances
- Meets assigned team quotas for sales, profits, and strategic objectives.
- Accountable for the thorough implementation of all customer related initiatives among sales personnel managed.
- Responsible for the efficient allocation of company support resources in the customer base managed by the assigned team.
- Jointly responsible (with field marketing) for marketing investment ROI in the assigned marketplace.
- Achieves strategic teams objectives defined by company management.
- Implements effective coaching and development of direct-report associates.
- Reports to the National Sales Manager
- Directly manages a team of 5 to 8 Regionals Sales Supervisors
- Directs the support of sales staff, implementation resources, service resources, and other sales and management resources as needed, coordinating with the appropriate management-level resources.
I am sure you are reading this job description and meet majority of the criteria BUT you may also still not be 100% comfortable in applying. We believe that there is a place for everyone under the Mukuru sun and we want YOU to contribute to our diverse tapestry of talent. So come on, take a leap of faith, and send your application if you meet majority of our requirements. Remember to include a snippet of how you will bring value and help us build a future of success that will help us determine where and how you may best be suited” Maybe you are just the future Mukurian we need!!
Should you be appointed in a remote/work from home role at Mukuru, it is your responsibility to ensure that you have uninterrupted internet connectivity and a ‘work-like’ environment at your home location, in order to deliver your best in terms of performance, productivity and service to our customers.
If you do not receive any response after two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
NB: ALL STAFF APPOINTMENTS WILL BE MADE WITH DUE CONSIDERATION OF THE COMPANY’S DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION PLANS
Last updated on Feb 6, 2024