Position: Environmental Technician Support
Location: Fountain Valley, CA
Duration: 6 months
Shift time: 7 - 4 PM PST (M-F)
Work hours: 40 hours/week
- While in Microbiology/Nutrients, the person will perform membrane filtration, multiple tube fermentation, nutrient sample preservation, and chromogenic substrate tests for wastewater, ocean water, and potable water.
- In addition, the person will prepare media, perform daily/weekly/monthly QC tests, and assist in special projects.
- When in General Chemistry, the person will perform a wide range of analytical tests for various matrices including wastewater, solids, semi-solids and sludge.
- This person will also assist with general laboratory upkeep and support the Sampling Team by supporting the lab's sample receiving service, sampling, and sampler maintenance.
Computer Software Requirements:
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS - preferred but not necessary)
Special Skills Required:
- Experience in performing laboratory analyses including wet chemistry and/or microbiology.
Last updated on Aug 16, 2023