POSITION SUMMMARY: The Critical Facility Technician II ensures the smooth and efficient operation of critical facilities by ensuring timely and accurate completion of all required work, and by attaining customer satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide 24 x 7 on-call emergency response and support as necessary to support the customer mission
- Operate and perform both routine and emergency service on a variety of critical systems. (mechanical, electrical, controls and other installed systems)
- Perform daily/weekly/monthly walk-through of customer facilities in support of data center operations.
- Manage equipment vendors and maintenance contractors
- Interact effectively with internal and external customers
- Attend manufacture training when applicable
- Ensure operational, maintenance and emergency methods of procedure (MOPs) are used
- Assist, as necessary, with scheduling of preventative maintenance, contracted maintenance, and general maintenance with minimal disruption of building services
- Ensure strict adherence to critical facility work rule and safety procedures
- Be familiar with all applicable Federal, State, and local rules, codes, and regulations
- Other assigned tasks as requested
- Journeyman level experience with at least four (4) years of Electrical, Mechanical, Controls or Operations experience
- Hands on electrical or mechanical skills, and competence in the area of non-expertise (for example, electrical expertise with a mechanical competence, or vice-versa
- Experience writing reports and procedures
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Outstanding customer relations skills
- Knowledge and experience using basic computer skills
Certificates and Licenses:
- Electrical or Mechanical or Controls Certifications
- OSHA certification preferred
- Able to hold and maintain a security clearance
- No supervisory responsibilities with this position
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; Standing and walking is required. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee must occasionally lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
Benefits to Joining Our Team
CPG offers a competitive and comprehensive package that includes additional benefits beyond enhanced medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Benefits - No Waiting Period (Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance)
- Flexible Spending & Health Saving Account Options
- 401K Plan
- Employer paid Life & Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Program
- Adoption Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Commuter Benefits
CPG is an equal opportunity employer. We will consider all employment applicants without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.