What You'll Do:
At Billtrust, we're thrilled to offer a 12-week fully remote Database Admin Internship Program in Summer 2024 (June 3rd Start Date). As a Database Admin Intern, leverage your tech-savviness and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment by working on hands-on projects. Gain a deep understanding of various database technologies such as MySQL, MongoDB, and MSSQL. Join a team of diverse and talented database engineers to contribute to:
- Providing the database engineering team with various DB administration and management tasks.
- Supporting on-premises and in-cloud databases.
- Understanding the daily responsibilities of a database engineer.
- Assisting in building automation and documentation for routine and repetitive tasks.
How You'll Grow:
This internship program offers a unique and immersive experience, surpassing the ordinary. As part of a rapidly growing and innovative SaaS company, your learning and development will be unparalleled. Here's what to anticipate:
- Robust Onboarding and Training:
- Comprehensive onboarding with a focus on Billtrust’s products, core values, and competencies.
- Ongoing Feedback and Mentorship:
- Continuous feedback and mentorship throughout the program to guide your professional development. You will receive regular check-ins and feedback sessions to monitor and enhance your progress.
- Virtual Social Events:
- Engage in virtual social events to network with fellow interns and Billtrust’s subject matter experts.
- Talent Talks:
- Interactive workshops on professional skills, including topics like Networking Techniques and Interviewing Best Practices.
- Hands-on Tasks and Capstone Project:
- Participate in interesting, hands-on tasks and develop a capstone project to be presented at the program's conclusion.
- #LifeatBilltrust Experience:
- Immerse yourself in the Billtrust culture and enjoy the unique #LifeatBilltrust experience
What You'll Bring:
To excel in this role, we're looking for individuals who embody the following qualities:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering. Full-time enrollment in an undergraduate program at an accredited institution, preferably a rising Junior or Senior.
- Preferred Experience:
- SQL experience with a strong understanding of relational databases.
- Prior internship experience working with scripting languages such as shell scripting, and PowerShell scripting with embedded SQL queries.
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or other cloud infrastructures.
- Strong technical documentation skills.
- Technical Aptitude and Learning Agility:
- Ability to quickly learn when faced with new challenges.
- Analytical skills to assess successes and failures.
- Collaborative & Team-Oriented:
- Share responsibilities and accountability with team members.
- Embrace inclusion to uncover new perspectives.
- High Level of Accountability:
- Set personal goals aligned with business activities.
- Work in an organized manner.
- Convey a sense of urgency to motivate others.
- Strive to achieve goals and improve performance.
- Maintain respectful interactions, especially under pressure.
If this sounds like you, take a minute to apply to our Summer 2024 Internship Program.
The expected hourly pay range for this position is $22.00 - $27.00 per hour.
Compensation may vary depending on several factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, experience, competencies, and geographic location. Some roles may qualify for extra incentives like equity, commissions, or other variable performance-related bonuses. Further details will be provided by our Talent Acquisition team during the interview process.
Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Billtrust, we celebrate and support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. So, if your experience aligns but doesn't exactly match each and every qualification, apply anyway. You may be exactly what we are looking for!
What You'll Get:
- Work from Anywhere: Our state of the art office, your home, a company paid WeWork.... you decide!
- A Culture that Lives its Values: Our values are not just words or window dressing, they guide our decisions - big and small - each and every day.
- Flexible Working Hours: We support your lifestyle- the results are what count.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- Sabbatical: A paid leave to reward longevity and commitment to Billtrust.
- Paid Parental Leave: To promote parent-child bonding and increase gender equity at home and in the workplace.
- Opportunities for Growth: Professional development can take many shapes. Join one of our seven ERGs or participate in our Mentor-Mentee, Leadership, and High-Potential Programs- we foster an environment where all employees can grow.
- Recognition: From Billtrust Bucks and Gongings to Culture Champion and Founders Awards, our employees are recognized for hard work and outcomes achieved.
- Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, short-term and long-term disability, flexible spending accounts, HSA, and life, cancer, and AD&D insurance.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
Who We Are:
Finance leaders turn to Billtrust to control costs, accelerate cash flow and improve customer satisfaction. As a B2B order-to-cash software and digital payments market leader, we help the world's leading brands get paid faster while transitioning from expensive paper invoicing and check acceptance to efficient electronic billing and payments. With over 2,600 global customers and more than $1 trillion invoice dollars processed, Billtrust delivers business value through deep industry expertise and a culture relentlessly focused on delivering meaningful customer outcomes. #LI-Remote
Last updated on Feb 2, 2024