Who We Are:
Founded in 2009 Reformation is a revolutionary lifestyle brand that proves fashion and sustainability can coexist. We combine stylish, vintage-inspired designs with sustainable practices, releasing limited-edition collections for individuals who want to look beautiful and live sustainably. Setting an example for the industry, Reformation remains at the forefront of innovation in sustainable fashion—running the first sustainable factory in Los Angeles, using deadstock and eco fabrics, tracking and sharing the environmental impact of every product, and investing in the people who make this revolution possible. The brand has also established itself as a pioneer in retail innovation, developing an in-store tech concept that brings the best of its online experience to its physical doors.
We are a future focused organization committed to the belief that the problems facing our planet and society can be solved through innovation, common sense and education. Being naked is the #1 most sustainable option. We're #2.
Here at Ref, we put people first. We know that you can't innovate and do cool stuff without having everyone on board. So we work to create a culture where everyone feels like they belong and where their voices are truly valued. We build an inclusive culture together and make a real impact along the way.
Freelance Technical Designer
Reformation is looking for an awesome Freelance Technical Designer will link the design department and production to ensure that all designs translate to amazing garments, especially within our dress category. The role reports directly to the Technical Design Manager and includes supporting your product category(s), leading the fit process from design to production, maintaining fit standards, generating clear detailed fit comments to vendors, supporting the technical design workflow for the category. You will be working closely with our design, product development, and production departments.
We are looking for a temporary, super-efficient, hard-working, seasoned Technical Designer who will make sure our clothes look and fit great and are made at the highest level of quality standards. This will be a 3-6 month position with opportunity to convert to a permanent role.
What You’ll Do:
- Work closely with design and product development to ensure that designs are translated correctly, keeping size and fit consistent.
- Conduct fittings on a live model, record comments, and communicate with team and partners
- Analyze garments and patterns to determine compliance of spec, construction, and fit intent.
- Create technical fit comments, advise construction details, and clearly communicate the status and direction of each style to vendors
- Review production, quality, and cost issues: problem solve and make recommendations that help maintain brand integrity.
- Maintain WIP report and workflow tracking.
- Maintain a working knowledge of appropriate fit aesthetic for the Reformation customer.
- Collaborate with Technical Design Manager to create and carry out new processes to improve product workflow.
- Develop collaborative relationships with cross functional teams.
- Develop partnerships with all vendors helping to create successful relationships.
- Support onboarding and training of assisting staff.
What You’ll Need:
- Degree in Apparel design & manufacturing
- 4-6 years experience in apparel technical design. Technical design experience in dresses required.
- CLO experience is a huge plus.
- Extreme attention to detail and accuracy, as well as ability to prioritize and make quick decisions
- Superior organizational skills and excellent communication skills; team oriented; highly detail oriented and meticulous
- Thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Extremely honest and trustworthy with highest integrity
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines, balance creativity with technical capability, and interpret design sketches for tech packs
- Knowledge of garment construction, pattern making, silhouettes, color ways, sewing techniques, fabrication and trim; familiarity with print design and manufacturing
- Experience working with overseas factories
The Reformation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status
CCPA disclosure notice here.
Last updated on Oct 4, 2023