Planned Parenthood of South, East and North Florida (PPSENFL) believes that reproductive self-determination and the right to privacy are core human freedoms. Our mission is to provide comprehensive sexual health care through the provision of education, advocacy and clinical services that are affordable, accessible and available to all people in the community, regardless of the individual's income, race, marital status, religion, sexual orientation or residence.
If you love the idea of making an impact on the community with a strong mission oriented organization, we want to hear from you! You will be an integral part of our culture which fosters a commitment to our workplace values: respect, caring, support, teamwork, collaboration, accountability and responsibility.
Health center Medical Assistants are responsible for providing information and services under the supervision of our Health Center Supervisor and Nurse Practitioners.
Essential functions include
- Answering phones, making appointments, taking messages, transferring records for patients to other agency health centers, and ensuring completion of health center records and required forms
- Respond to customer requests and inform customers of health center procedures, policies and instructions to include contraceptive supply and other medications
- Explain all FDA approved birth control methods and provide specific instruction on the client’s birth control method
- Inform clients and callers in a non-directive manner about all options available to them in the event of an unintended pregnancy and make a referral for service based on the client’s/caller’s decision
- Perform medical and social history intake
- Complete basic lab work and follow procedures required by licensing entities
- Perform all recordkeeping duties related to patient care with accuracy
- Perform housekeeping and stocking duties as needed
- Complete HIPAA and OSHA training and other training as required
- Other duties as assigned
Traits required for success
- Conscientious and cooperative – wants to do what is expected and do it right
- Careful, thorough and accurate with details
- An unselfish person motivated by a strong sense of duty
- Stable and dependable
- Friendly and pleasant demeanor – you make others feel comfortable
Skills and experience required
- 2 to 5 years experience in a health center or medical office preferred
- Medical Assistant certification preferred
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Understanding of HIPAA highly desired
- Family planning care and reproductive rights experience helpful
- Prior experience working in electronic health records system is preferred
- High School graduate or equivalent required
Benefits and Compensations
- Hourly compensation range: Starting at $18.00/ hour
- Eligible for all applicable benefits effective the first of the month following 60 days from your hire date.
- Part Time Off, accrues immediately but can't be taken until after 90 full days of employment : 3 weeks of paid time off, 10 recognized Holidays in addition to PTO, 1 personal day, and birthday.
DIVERSE CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Planned Parenthood of South, East, and North Florida is a Drug Free workplace and an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Last updated on Nov 13, 2017