Fender Musical Instruments Corporation is a world famous brand with offices across the globe. Within Fender Musical Instruments Corporation’s ("FMIC") China marketing team, we will connect the culture and product legacy of Fender with Chinese consumers and musicians, support them at every stage of their music career.
An American icon, Fender was born in Southern California and has built a worldwide influence extending beyond the studio and the stage. A Fender is more than an instrument, it’s a cultural symbol that resonates globally.
We are searching for an Operation Marketing Manager based Shanghai. This position will be responsible of marketing project & budget management, event planning & operation, setting up Fender Backstage in China.
- Strategic planning and leadership oversight over all campaigns and projects in conjunction with core leadership group.
- Manages the Project Management workflow, reviewing requests, reviewing with Executives to approve campaigns, manages approval of project requests, oversees budgetary and calendar guidelines.
- Oversees daily project timelines and ensures adherence to budgets.
- Support Marketing Director on managing and maintenance of operating budgets for Fender China Marketing. Maintain record of budgeting and planning for financial governance and reporting.
- Strategic leadership and experience providing the documentation, templates, and process to support effective marketing planning, calendar development, product launch timing and integrated marketing daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual work-streams.
- Lead the project of setting up Fender backstage in Shanghai and Beijing (TBC). Responsibilities including but not limited to location and function planning, design, budget, construction & opening timeline, daily operation protocols, etc.
- Work with marketing director and other marketing functions on brand events & trade shows planning. Identify the 3rd party vendor to execute the event. Manage event budget & timeline.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- 5+ years’ experience in similar role for China relevant, consumer-driven brands and/or agencies in Music, Lifestyle, Fashion/Luxury Goods.
- Passionate about Music & Fender. Basic knowledge about Fender brand and products. Experience on event/concert production is preferred.
- Ability to effectively work with artists, business team, product team, and vendors. Capability of juggling a multitude of tasks with varying deadlines. Ability to prioritize work and adapt to changing priorities.
- Meticulous attention to detail and organizational / project management skills. Problem solving and escalation.
- Language: Full bilingual capability both in English and Chinese.
- Education: University Degree required; bachelor’s degree in advertising, marketing, project management or a related field or the equivalent level of experience preferred.
About Fender Musical Instruments:
Fender Musical Instruments Corporation (FMIC) is one of the world’s leading musical instrument manufacturers, marketers and distributors, whose portfolio of brands includes Fender®, Squier®, Presonus®, Gretsch®, Jackson®, EVH®, Charvel®, Bigsby®, and Groove Tubes®, among others. For more information, visit www.fender.com. Fender Musical Instruments Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
Last updated on Oct 26, 2023