Job Details:Job Title: Body Component EngineerWork Location: Remote Ontario CanadaContract: 6+ Months ContractDescription: The Body Component Engineer will have end to end ownership of their components and ensuring they meet vehicle functional objectives. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Support meetings throughout NA work hours to work closely with local engineering teams, manufacturing, Architecture/Vehicle Concepts & PDO.
- Create DFMEAs, DVPRs, performance standards, and conduct validation tests
- DRE required to support plant launches by ensuring components are designed to meet functional objectives and being applied as per design intent.
- Adhere designs against guidelines, corporate requirements, and functional objective requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering
- Knowledgeable in use of Unigraphics NX and Team Center with minimum of 2 years of experience in NX in a production release environment is preferred
- Intermediate to advanced level of design/development engineering experience in Body-Body in White, Closures, or Exterior Systems
- Self-starter with strong leadership, communication skills and demonstrated problem solving ability
- Knowledgeable in regards to high strength steels, weld parameters and GD&T
- Proficient in MS-Office applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook)
Diversity, Equality, and Inclusivity
- BIW in-plant launch experience
- Experience with Design Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (DFMEA)
- Experience with Design Verification Plan & Report (DVP&R)
- Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) green / black-belt
This means a deep commitment to each other equally, in an open, diversified team environment. We strive to be as diverse as the clients and employees we partner with. We embrace people of any race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender identity, and sexual orientation. LanceSoft is a certified Minority Business Enterprise (MBE). •
Last updated on May 11, 2022