Job Description: Substitute Teacher
This position is paid at a daily rate
The substitute teacher is responsible to follow the lesson plan left by the teacher for whom he/she is substituting in accordance with Desert View School’s philosophy, goals and objectives.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Providing instruction to assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated
- Establishing and maintaining order in the classroom and maintain a classroom environment conducive to effective learning and take all necessary and reasonable measures to ensure student safety
- Effectively communicate with the learning coaches assigned to the team for which the teacher is substituting and ensure as much as possible, continuity in the students educational plan is maintained and actively engage students in learning according to the plan established by the learning team for that classroom
- Provide redirection and disciplinary alternatives to correct student behavior management according to Desert View School procedures and maintain accurate records of student attendance and compile all records as requested and all other duties that may be assigned
- Be available whenever possible to take assignments without significant notice of job assignment
Must have a High School Diploma or GED
Must have an Arizona Fingerprint clearance card
Essential Physical Functions and Working Conditions
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position whenever necessary and must be able to traverse whenever necessary to fulfill the needs of the position
- Must be able to operate a computer and other electronic devices which will require repetitive motions
- Must be able to position yourself to assist staff, students or other duties as assigned
- Will regularly perform duties that require repetitive motion
- Must be able to communicate, this is both by being able to talk and to hear and be able to observe your surroundings
- May need to transport boxes, computer equipment and any other equipment necessary to fulfill the essential functions of the job
- Exposure to working conditions: the job primarily is indoors so exposure to florescent lighting and other elements typical in a school setting. May also be exposed to outdoor elements when performing outside job responsibilities
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
This job description is subject to change at any time. By signing this job description I am indicating that I can perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations. If at any point I am unable to perform the essential functions of the job I will discuss it with management or Human Resources.
Last updated on Oct 27, 2023