Electrum is an exciting B2B tech company. We partner with some of South Africa’s biggest household names, enabling them to open up their customers’ access to payments and digital goods and services. We love that the projects we work on touch the lives of millions of South Africans every day, making a real difference.
We hire the best of the best and we offer great opportunities for both personal growth and career progression.
As part of the team at Electrum, you get:
- to be involved in the full life cycle of our projects;
- professional training and on-the-job learning;
- mentorship from industry experts;
- a workplace with an innovative office culture;
- to work on real customer problems;
- access to extensive career growth opportunities;
- valuable work experience in a real FinTech environment, where you get to work on real projects.
- Computer Science, Engineering, Maths or Physics student in either their final year of either their undergrad or postgrad.
- A minimum average of 65% for all modules.
- Experience working with Java at university or from personal projects.
- Understanding fundamentals of object-oriented programming.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Increase your odds
We’ll be growing you into someone that has the following skills which is why it’s beneficial to already have them:
- Full stack experience
- SaaS development experience
- Payments experience
We have created an high-performance culture where you can expect:
- Career growth - Delivering world-class financial services software products in a fast-paced company is not easy, and it takes an insane amount of effort. But in return for your effort you'll get hands-on experience working on products that are used by millions of people, and a high quality work experience that will accelerate your career faster than anywhere else.
- Transparency - We openly discuss strategy, finances, salaries and other major decisions.
- Autonomy - We know you'll be able to make good decisions if you have good information, and we trust you.
- Shared Vision - You'll be able to shape a vision you can believe in - on how to build the future of financial services.
- Work-life balance - You know when your brain has switched off for the day and you need to go for a hike or coffee shop with a view, but you also know when your team needs help to bring that strategic deliverable home. At Electrum you will be expected to know when you deserve that time out, and when you need to knuckle down and get the work done.
These are few practical ways we practise the culture we are so proud of:
- Flexible work hours
- Onsite gym and shower facilities
- Daily cooked lunches and a stocked kitchen for the afternoon nibbles
- Team socialising like hikes, getaways, and dinners
- A generous leave policy, starting at 20 days per year
- A recreational area with foosball, table tennis and an Oculus
- Fatsaks scattered around the office for deep thinking or meditation
If this sounds like a role and place where you can spread your wings, please apply now.
We have created a safe, transparent environment where:
- We know mistakes happen, and that’s okay. We even have a three-step approach to dealing with them:
- Tell everyone about it
- Fix the mistake
- Tell everyone about the solution
- You are responsible for your actions – both the successes and the failures
- We talk openly about salaries and bonuses. At Electrum, we believe it’s evident why some people earn more and others a bit less. It’s like being on a sports team where salaries are widely known.
Last updated on Aug 14, 2023