You are an experienced engineer with the skills and drive to make lithium metal batteries a reality. You’ll lead the technical effort to mature Cuberg’s cell designs and bring them to our customers. You have experience developing new cell technologies for the market - now be part of the team that enables the electrification of aviation.
Cuberg is commercializing next-generation battery technology to power the future of electric mobility. The company was acquired in 2021 by Northvolt, a global supplier of sustainable, high-quality battery cells and systems. As Northvolt's Advanced Technology Center operating in Silicon Valley, Cuberg is developing and commercializing lithium metal batteries, building an innovation ecosystem around lithium-ion technology, and leveraging Northvolt's state-of-the-art manufacturing capabilities to rapidly scale up production of advanced batteries.
- Lead the maturation of Cuberg’s cell designs to enable readiness for test flights
- Serve as the main technical point of contact for Cuberg’s customers
- Develop and manage the execution of plans to mitigate cell performance gaps
- Develop a team to support the continued expansion of Cuberg’s cell development and customer engagement efforts
- Invest in our company values and champion them as we grow
- At least a B.S. in engineering or physical science with 8 years of related experience, less with an advanced degree.
- Experience developing new cell technologies for the market
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly to diverse audiences
- Strong collaboration and data-driven experimental design skills
We offer competitive compensation, including generous stock options, and benefits package to help you and your family build a healthy and secure future.
- Group health benefits that provide strong support for employee well-being and preventative care, including comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and flexible savings account plans
- A retirement program that helps build future financial security through both traditional and Roth 401(k) options with employer matching
- Generous paid time off plans to renew and refresh through vacation, personal leave, holidays, and parental leave