Job Title: Publications SpecialistLocation: Toronto, ON M3B 0A4Duration: 6-7 Months (possible extension) Duties: Essential Functions / Key Areas of ResponsibilityPublications Specialist
Providing assistance to staff as required on the following topics:
- Formatting, editing and publishing technical documents as per company format standards, in support of project deadlines.
- Ensuring proper document revision control following Engineering Change Control processes
1. Desktop publishing tools
2. Document creation and update processes
3. Company archive access
Converting legacy document data in various formats (e.g. WordPerfect, DOORS,) into current company standard formats (e.g. Word, Visio, Adobe Acrobat) Data Records Administrator:
Skills and Abilities:
- Verifying, validating and controlling all soft copies of current drawings.
- Working with IT for traceability of Library archives and Workflows.
- Controlling, updating and maintaining the Data Records databases for all released drawings, including the off-site Archives at Iron Mountain.
- Controlling released software when issued on physical media: magnetic media (e.g., diskettes, tape, hard drive, cd etc.) and programmable devices (e.g., EPROM, PAL, FPGA etc.).
- Logging and filing HW ECNs and verify attachments are present.
- Providing copies (hard or soft copy) of Data Record archived items as required.
- Providing weekly management reports and dashboards on Data Records metrics
English: written and verbal.
Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced computer literacy – MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio etc.),
- Ability to complete tasks given short deadlines.
- Handle competing priorities from multiple projects.
- Maintain quality of work under pressure
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and co-ordinate with all team members.
- Accurate and efficient administration skills and attention to detail
- Proofreading experiencing 3-5 years.
- Experience editing and formatting documents; technical documents preferred.
- Nitro (pdf)
- Familiarity with Engineering tools, e.g. ClearQuest, Shared Palma, DOORS
- 2 years’ experience with documentation control in a project or department
- Advanced skills in document and file management/control tools, e.g. LiveLink, SharePoint, Artifactory
Bachelor’s degree or Post-Secondary diploma •
Last updated on Aug 4, 2023