At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft is looking for experienced software engineers from a scope of disciplines. We are growing our team with people who want to build, improve and incorporate technologies that make the lives of our community more enriched. As an engineer at Lyft, you'll collaborate with teams like product, data science, analytics, and operations on code that empower us to iterate quickly, while focusing on delighting our passengers and drivers.
- Writes simple, readable, reusable, and maintainable code.
- Launches experiments, analyzes results, and determines winning variants.
- Builds features with comprehensive tests of functionality and performance.
- Contributes meaningful code reviews for the team.
- Improves development at Lyft by enhancing dev tools, test coverage and/or code structure.
- Writes technical specification documents for features.
- Deeply understands technical details of owned features and their interactions with other systems.
- Adds instrumentation to measure and improve reliability of their features and services.
- Contributes to common components or libraries used at Lyft.
- Algorithms and data structures solid knowledge
- Object oriented programming strong knowledge
- Strong experience with relational or non-relational databases
- Software architecture and design skills (design patterns, scalability, maintainability, efficiency)
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with Flask
- AWS experience (EC2, Redshift for data warehouse, Elastic MapReduce for data processing)
- Experience in microservices architecture
Last updated on Oct 19, 2023