We are looking for a Country Manager in Tanzania to lead our Rides business vertical.
You will be responsible for developing and nurturing critical relationships with marketplace stakeholders; driving growth in passenger and driver acquisition, engagement and retention to strengthen our leadership position; and managing and developing a high-performing team.
<title>About the role</title>
This strategic role will be the interface between our business and the key country stakeholders (i.e. regulators, government officials, local communities etc).
You will be working closely with the local operations and support teams, the Regional manager, HQ teams (ie Product, Public Relations, Growth Analytics, Central Operations, Marketing, Product, Regulatory, Customer Support).
This is a critical, impactful and highly rewarding role: Tanzania is an exciting market for Bolt and you will lead the mission to make urban travel more affordable, safe, convenient, and sustainable.
<title>Your daily adventures will include:</title>
- <point>Lead the financial and strategic planning process and be responsible for its implementation for Tanzania</point>
- <point>Define, implement and optimize local business and operational strategies/goals with the local operations team</point>
- <point>Advocating and elevating Bolt’s brand, product and service by working closely with local authorities and policy makers</point>
- <point>Expand Bolt’s presence and services across Tanzania</point>
- <point>Establish strategic partnerships with drivers, local fleet owners and other relevant businesses/entities</point>
- <point>Identify trends, risks and mitigation/improvement opportunities on a local level that may impact the business</point>
- <point>Advise and closely collaborate with HQ teams such as Product, People or Marketing to develop and execute key initiatives that drive growth and efficiency</point>
- <point>Take ownership of Bolt’s growth in Tanzania by ensuring both local operations and HQ teams, support and collaborate actively with each other to meet business goals</point>
- <point>Management experience - You have 7+ years of experience in an operations management or general management role with P&L experience</point>
- <point>Leadership experience - You are a strong leader and collaborator with excellent negotiation and communication skills (both verbal and written) in English and Swahili</point>
- <point>Analytical mindset - You are highly analytical and have a data-driven mindset</point>
- <point>Digital technologies - You are passionate about new technologies and ride-sharing</point>
- <point>Accountability and Implementation -You have a strong sense of ownership with a hands-on approach</point>
- <point>Strategy - You are comfortable with developing business frameworks to support your strategies and decisions</point>
- <point>You are passionate about new technologies and ridesharing</point>
- <point>You have a strong sense of ownership with a hands-on approach</point>
- <point>You are comfortable with developing business frameworks to support your strategies and decisions</point>
- <point>MBA and Consulting experience is added advantage but not mandatory.</point>
Experience is great, but what we really look for is drive, intelligence, and integrity. So even if you don’t tick every box, please consider applying if you feel you’re the kind of person described above!
<title>Why you’ll love it here:</title>
- <point>Play a direct role in shaping the future of mobility.</point>
- <point>Impact millions of customers and partners in 500+ cities across 45 countries.</point>
- <point>Work in fast-moving autonomous teams with some of the smartest people in the world. </point>
- <point>Accelerate your professional growth with unique career opportunities.</point>
- <point>Get a rewarding salary and stock option package that lets you focus on doing your best work.</point>
- <point>Enjoy the flexibility of working in a hybrid mode.</point>
- <point>Take care of your physical and mental health with our wellness perks.</point>
<text>*Some perks may differ depending on your location.</text>
Last updated on Oct 26, 2023