Are you a Senior .NET Developer wanting to continue your leadership skills? If so, Betsson Group is now hiring! We are looking for a Backend Team Lead join in our Athens office, managing our awesome people.
As a Back End Team Lead at Betsson Group, you will lead a team of talented people and take overall responsibility for team performance. As the Team Lead, you will take an active role in driving the delivery of your team and promoting a healthy team spirit and culture. You will also ensure each individual in the team is given the platform to succeed and a high level of support in their career development. Our ethos is that to effectively lead a team, you need to actively participate in its activities, and therefore you will be expected to be a hands-on member of the team.
What we are looking for
- A strong technical background in software engineering.
- Experienced and passionate about coaching and mentoring people, preferably having done so in a similar role.
- Technical proficiency with .NET technology stack.
- Experienced with distributed microservices architecture (preferably using Docker and Kubernetes) and highly cacheable RESTful APIs.
- Solid understanding of real-time messaging patterns (preferably Kafka and RabbitMQ).
- Experienced and comfortable working with both SQL and NoSQL databases (preferably PostgreSQL, SQL Server, and Couchbase).
- Possess demonstrated working experience with observability practices for high availability systems (such as Grafana and OpenTelemetry).
- Highly knowledgeable and experienced with modern agile software development practices and CI/CD.
Great if you have
- Experience delivering software as an Agile Lead / Scrum Master / Team Lead in a technically complex environment.
- Working experience with AWS.
- Working experience with geographically distributed teams.
- A humble and inspirational leader who leads by example and fosters a culture of ownership and collaboration.
- Strong organisational and planning skills, with a strong focus on execution and delivery.
- Clear verbal & written communication, able to explain technical topics to non-technical stakeholders.
A taster of what you will be involved with
- Build a high performing team with the right mix of skills and knowledge through recruitment, coaching, mentoring, feedback, and continuous improvement.
- Direct line management of people in the team, being accountable for their performance, satisfaction and career development planning.
- Drive and facilitate the team’s delivery to production in terms of both time and quality, taking responsibility to ensure the team makes commitments and lives up to expectations.
- Foster a team culture of ownership, collaboration, and passion for delivering quality products.
- Motivate the team to maintain high technical standards, in particular when it comes to ensuring reliability and up time.
- Collaborate with the wider technical leadership in ensuring the team follows architectural direction and for general alignment on ways of working.
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, knowledge sharing, planning and conflict resolution in the team.
- Ensure that team processes and routines are defined, organised, and continuously reviewed and optimised, aligning with other teams as much as possible.
- Take responsibility for resolving or escalating impediments to team performance.
- Serve as the main point of contact for the team, facilitating open communication and co-ordination with other teams as and when required.
- Ensure all administrative tasks related to the team are performed in a timely manner.
- Ensure all roles in the team are well defined and communicated, with the ability to delegate responsibilities to team members.
- Be an active member of the team, with the expectation that your time would be split 50/50 (on average) between team leadership activities and technical work.
Who We Are
Betsson Group is one of the largest companies within the Global iGaming space and can trace our heritage as far back as the 1960’s. We’re Swedish and publicly listed too with our Operational HQ located on the Mediterranean Island of Malta.
We strive to deliver the best customer experience in the industry. As a market leader within iGaming we offer online gaming products across 12+ jurisdictions and 20+ brands.
You will be part of a passionate team, which is building an industry leading, scalable, multi-brand platform used by hundreds of thousands of our customers!
Where you'll be
At Betsson Group we work with a Hybrid Work From Home (WFH) model, giving you the flexibility of working 3 days in the office and 2 days at home.
What We Offer
- Monthly Allowance for Lunch
- Private & Life Plan Insurance for you and your family
- Team Building Budget
- Annual Wellness Allowance
- Corporate Travel Insurance
- Events and initiatives both Local (Quarterly Meetings) and Global
- Professional Development Programs & Internal Career Opportunities
- Milestone Birthday
Much like riding a rollercoaster, sometimes life at Betsson can be lightning fast with twists and turns but always FUN! Then again, what else would you expect from a business 75% millennial and 1900 strong, spread across 7 offices! We recognise it may not be for the faint-hearted, but if you’re a go-getter, initiator and always striving to push the boundaries and challenge yourself, then you’ll fit right in.
We offer numerous challenges where your skills will be put to good use! We encourage innovation, independence and celebrate success where you will be part of multi-cultural and diverse company, with people from all over the world.
Check out the Betsson Group Blog to find out what our employees are talking about.
Last updated on Sep 28, 2023