"Conquering cancer through AI"
Lunit, a portmanteau of ‘Learning unit,’ is a medical AI software company devoted to providing AI-powered total cancer care.
Our AI solutions help discover cancer and predict cancer treatment outcomes, achieving timely and individually-tailored cancer treatment.
🗨️ About the team
Who will I spend my day with?
- You will work in the cancer screening group of the AI research department, with a group of enthusiastic and talented AI researchers and engineers. We contribute to real-world products, while also solving meaningful and applied research projects.
- The teams and members of the department have diverse cultural backgrounds (5 nationalities!), experience, and interests.
- We have an open and free culture. Most people love to socialize and chat, but you are not expected to and are also free to opt-out.
How do they bond as a team?
- Our team fosters a friendly and open environment, encouraging idea-sharing and collaboration in research, engineering, and team events.
🗨️ About the position
What will make me proud to work here?
- You will be able to make a direct impact on our mission to conquer cancer through AI, by contributing to software that is used in real hospitals around the world.
- Your work will push forward our AI research frameworks, inference engines, and performance of the AI models. Lunit has best-in-class products thanks to these components.
- We have access to very large in-house labeled and unlabeled datasets and the cloud computing power to leverage them.
- Current projects span a variety of topics, including but not restricted to object detection, semantic segmentation, large-scale self-supervised learning, domain generalization, active learning, multi-task learning, ML pipelines, among others.
- We contribute back to the community through publications, blog posts, dataset releases, and the organization of public events such as machine learning challenges.
- Experience personal and professional growth by working on diverse projects and collaborating with talented multi-disciplinary teams.
🚩 Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop, and implement high-quality medical AI research frameworks, ML pipelines, and products for advancing healthcare.
- Contribute to large-scale and distributed inference engines.
- Enhance the maintainability, reliability, and efficiency of both new and existing AI software for various applications in cancer screening.
- Produce high-quality software by refactoring existing research frameworks or adopting new technologies and libraries
- Create innovative medical AI models by implementing or proposing cutting-edge methodologies and contributing to research projects.
- Collaborate closely with research scientists, engineers, and medical doctors on diverse real-world AI projects.
🚩 Tools Used
- Programming languages/framework: Python, PyTorch, MLFlow, Ray, Prefect
- Infrastructure: Google Cloud Platform
- General: Git, Docker, Confluence, Jira
- 2+ years of professional experience in the IT industry
- Experience in machine learning engineering or research engineering in the AI industry
- Experience with Python, unit/integration testing, documentation, Git, collaborative code development, MLOps, and Docker
- Familiarity with machine learning frameworks and platforms(e.g., PyTorch, Tensorflow, MLFlow)
- Experience in bringing machine learning-based software to production
- B.Sc., M.Sc, or Ph.D. degree in computer science or a related field
- Keen eye and attention to detail
- Team player with experience working in teams with 3+ members
- Passion for machine learning engineering, research, and software engineering’s best practices
🏅 Preferred Experiences
- Experience with parallel, distributed, and cloud computing (e.g., GCP, AWS, or Azure)
- Experience with frameworks like TensorRT and openVINO
- Ability to communicate and write technical reports in English
- Contributions to open-source repositories in computer vision, machine
- Stimulate and push various initiatives within a team, e.g., code refactoring, dissemination of knowledge, culture-related events, etc
- Strong desire to have an impact in healthcare and conquer cancer through AI
📝How to Apply
- CV (resume, free format, in English)
🏃♀️ Hiring Process
- Document Screening → Introductory Interview → Assignment → Competency-based interview → Culture-fit Interview → Onboarding
- Competency interview Includes two parts:
- A short presentation describing the assignment
- Technical Interview
- All interviews are conducted in English
- After the final interview, we may proceed with reference checks if needed
🤝 Work Conditions and Environment
- Work type: Full-time
- Work location : Lunit HQ(5F, 374, Gangnam-daero, Gangnam-gu, Seoul)
- Salary: After negotiation
- If you misrepresent your experience or education or provide false or fraudulent information in or with your application, it may be grounds for cancellation of the employment.
- Lunit is committed in providing the preferential processing to those eligible for employment protection (national merits and people with disabilities) relevant to related laws and regulations.
🌻 Benefits & Perk
- The new office is one minute away by foot from Gangnam Station Exit 3 making it very convenient
- Up to 12, 000 won is covered for both lunch and dinner when working at the office.
- Up to 300,000 won is covered upon joining to decorate your personal workspace
- Provide the latest computer models, such as Macs and 4K monitors, and renew them every three years
- Attending seminars and purchasing books are covered
- Regular in-house AI and medical seminars are held
- Korean language education is provided for Lunitians who do not speak Korean as their first language
- Access high-quality AI learning resources & deep learning DevOps system
- Up to 1.2 million won worth of benefits points can be claimed annually
- Korean National holiday gift: Seollal and Chuseok gift/voucher
- Annual medical checkups and employee accident insurance are provided
- Financial support for participation in employee gatherings (once a month)
Last updated on Sep 15, 2023