VEGA Americas manufactures, distributes, and services process instrumentation to measure level, density, weight, and pressure. Our products have been making industrial processes safer and more efficient for over 60 years.
As an employee, you’ll find VEGA Americas commits itself to the highest quality standards and respect for the individual needs of employees, customers, vendors, and shareholders. Don’t take it from us alone, VEGA has been awarded a Cincinnati Enquirer’s Top Workplace Award for 6 years running!
Our Mission: Deliver innovative measurement technology solutions worldwide
Our Values: Curiosity, Humanity, Simplicity, Connectivity
As a Purchasing Co-op, you will support the work of our purchasing team by managing transactional purchasing tasks. This is an excellent opportunity to gain hands-on experience in a corporate purchasing role and learn the ins and outs of procurement in a manufacturing setting.
What you'll do:
- Process and confirm purchase orders from internal stakeholders
- Verify lead times and expedite orders when needed
- Enter orders, update sales orders, and communicate timeline changes
- Track shipments to ensure on-time delivery
- Manage inventory counts, maintain inventory accuracy, and identify low stock
- Assist buyers with resolving invoice discrepancies and vendor issues
- Generate various purchasing reports and analytics
- Complete special projects and purchasing initiatives as assigned
What you'll need:
- Current enrollment in a bachelor's degree program, ideally business, supply chain management, or a related field
- Proficiency with ERP systems and Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong analytical, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Detail and process-oriented with the ability to manage multiple tasks
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize
- Team player with a learning mindset
What we offer:
- Competitive hourly wage
- Hands-on learning in a leading manufacturing company
- Exposure to corporate purchasing processes and systems
- Training and mentorship from experienced purchasing professionals
- Potential for increased responsibilities and growth over time
- Opportunity to learn, network and build your resume
VEGA Americas maintains a professional yet casual work environment. As a co-op, you’ll work closely with our team to gain well-rounded procurement experience.
What makes VEGA a great place to work?
VEGA Americas, Inc. provides a full benefits package to Full-Time employees including:
- A competitive salary
- Health, company HSA contribution, Dental, Life, and Disability benefits available on day one
- Competitive 401(k) with flexible investment options and a company match to help you reach your retirement goals
- Onsite Restaurant and Fitness Center
- Other perks include vacation time, holiday pay, 100% paid parental leave, tuition assistance, a casual dress code, and training opportunities.
VEGA Americas, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity employer. It is our policy that we will not discriminate against any person based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, disability, or veteran status.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE AA Minority/Female/Vet/Disability
Last updated on Oct 24, 2023