About Current Health
Current Health is a leader in the movement to transition more healthcare into the home. We’re a technology company, but beyond our best in class hardware and software capabilities, we help healthcare organisations operationalize care at home and deliver excellent patient experiences through helping with the last mile of care logistics and services. We partner with leading healthcare organisations to advance home-based care in the US, the UK, and around the world.
More than doubling in size in the last year, we’re building a global team united in one purpose: helping people live healthier, longer lives by predicting disease and enabling earlier treatment. At Current Health, we seek to put patients first, solve problems with curiosity and creativity, pursue uncommon collaboration, and never stop growing. We’re a remote-first company, which means that everything from how we work, communicate, and socialise is shaped by tools and culture that prioritise collaboration and support independence.
What does a QA Engineer at Current Health do?
- Delight our customers by driving delivery teams to achieve the highest quality standards within our product range.
- As a QA engineer, you will be expected to manage the testing efforts for multiple projects. You will be the quality coach for the team and champion quality at each stage of the software development life cycle.
- Ensure teams follow strong practices with respect to testing by coaching and training, review and inspect artefacts and drive teams to deliver high quality product releases across multiple teams and through applications.
- Assist teams in text execution, proving product is working correctly and raising product bugs and ensuring teams address quality issues correctly.
- Delivery of the testing reporting framework including real- time status on the overall test effort and providing updates, highlighting risks and issues.
- Coordinate and run functional, integration, exploratory, compliance and user acceptance tests for our products.
- Create test plans that can be leveraged for both manual and automated testing
- Work with multiple teams and collaborate with other QA engineers to assure quality over the code base
- You will review test environments and processes to facilitate continuous improvement and maintenance of quality standards.
- Review the supported product configurations on a regular basis and plan testing for any future releases.
We want to hear from you if you have:
- Have experience working with and testing medical devices.
- Proficient with test management and application lifecycle tooling.
- Substantial experience in delivering test strategies covering all disciplines of testing including functional, system integration, end to end and performance testing.
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
- Knowledge of Agile and DevOps environments.
- Understanding of standard QA processes HIPPA, HITECH, HL7 and quality standards ISP 13485, ISO 14971
- Ability to organise and drive testing efforts and the ability to write a test approach/strategy
- Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle
- The ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, including executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate problems, issues and solutions - Strong problem-solving skills, analytical and technical skills
- Strong team player and collaborator
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Our tech stack:
We recognise that our technology stack is unique to our context. We acknowledge that there will not be perfect overlap between a candidate’s skill set and our technology stack. We value the experience of each member of our team and how that skill set can help shape our technology to deliver better outcomes for all of our patients and customers.
Our technology approach is to use the most appropriate technology for the job. We operate with a principle of building
core IP, using existing solutions for everything else. We rely heavily on not reinventing technology and particularly on
leveraging our AWS backbone and the managed services it can offer.
Our platform is diverse, and ranges from Embedded C on our firmware through Java and Python based microservices as well as Typescript / Angular, iOS and Android platforms for our applications. Our data stores range from Postgres RDS instances, through to DynamoDB KV depending on the domain. Services are decoupled and largely event driven using Kinesis, SQS/SNS where appropriate.
Our teams take care with the reproducibility of our cloud-based environments and lean on Infrastructure as Code technologies such as Terraform to maintain our growing stack.We operate an inner source contribution model for our software
- Competitive bonus scheme
- Salary Exchange Pension scheme (5% employee, 3% employer contribution)
- Private Medical Insurance through Vitality
- 2 x Life Assurance cover
- Critical Illness cover
- Employee Assistance Program
- £10 pcm flex pot to use toward benefits in our Benni benefits portal
- On call allowance (Only payable if and for so long as you provide on call services)
- Flexible, autonomous working environment
- Bike to work scheme
- Give as you earn through payroll