Brief Description of Sunnova
Sunnova (NYSE: NOVA) is an industry-leading adaptive energy services company focused on making clean energy more accessible, reliable, and affordable for homeowners and businesses.
At Sunnova, we embrace diverse perspectives, vibrant creativity and forward-thinkers who share our zeal for a sustainable future. A career with us means pushing beyond traditional limits, exploring new horizons, collaborating with like-minded peers, and transforming the energy industry for the better.
If you're excited about being a part of the fastest-growing segment of the energy industry, we encourage you to apply!
The Government Program Manager Position
Sunnova Energy is searching for a Government Program Manager to be responsible for supporting the Government Affairs division within Sunnova. Our ambitious team is building a network of distributed energy assets to meet the challenge of providing clean, affordable, and reliable energy to all homeowners.
As a Government Program Manager at Sunnova, you will play a pivotal role in advancing our mission by identifying, securing and managing government funding opportunities, ensuring compliance with federal policies and regulations, and leading contract negotiations and management. This position involves a blend of research, business development, strategic planning, and collaborative efforts with government agencies and internal teams. This individual will actively identify and develop programs, funding opportunities, and partnerships where Sunnova can further our goal of advancing energy independence. A successful individual will be able to grow Sunnova’s business by developing relationships with government counterparties, partner organizations and internal stakeholders. Strong communication skills, modeling, government contract procurement, and the ability to work with cross functional groups are required for a successful candidate. Deep knowledge of energy systems and distributed solar is required.
Reporting to the Executive VP of Government & Regulatory Affairs, you will work across many different teams to make sure new government programs and funding opportunities are analyzed, applied for and properly implemented. The ability to market our solutions effectively, negotiate deal terms, and respond to proposals, all while understanding the impacts to the business are fundamental to the role.
A willingness to solve complex problems, drive consensus across functions, and collaborate within an organization is required. Honesty, accountability, and integrity are a must.
Government Program Manager Responsibilities
· Research and identify government funding opportunities and solicitations relevant to the company’s strategic goals.
· Evaluate potential opportunities and provide input to internal teams and leadership on pipeline building and strategy.
· Develop compelling business cases for identified opportunities.
· Facilitate an internal committee to evaluate opportunities.
· Collaborate with interdisciplinary teams within Sunnova to align goals and strategies.
· Lead the company’s application efforts and proposal preparation for government grants, contracts, and programs.
· Engage and collaborate with government staff to understand requirements and foster positive relationships.
· Lead complex contract negotiations in alignment with company objectives.
· Maintain regular communication with management, providing updates on progress and challenges.
· Represent the company in meetings with government and agency staff as well as external partners.
· Manage active programs to ensure business objectives and compliance requirements are being met, and continually analyze program execution and effectiveness.
· Oversee compliance processes post-approval to ensure adherence to government standards.
· Bachelor’s Degree in business, engineering, or applicable area of focus; advanced degree preferred
· 5+ years of applicable experience including grid services, energy trading, distributed energy resource management, government contract procurement and management
· Exceptional writing, analytical, communication and negotiation skills
· Strong understanding of the solar energy market and regulatory environment
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Analytical thinker capable of defining value for customers, business, and counterparties with modeling experience preferred
· Thrives in a challenging and fast-paced workplace
· Project modeling and analysis
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Ability to influence others and drive consensus within an organization
· Honesty, integrity, and accountability
· Remote work from home office environment
· 15% Travel
Sunnova offers a generous employee reward package that includes:
· Comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, healthcare flexible spending account, and 401(k) with employer match.
· Competitive compensation & annual bonus
· Paid time off, including 10 holidays and paid parental Leave
· Cell phone allowance for many roles
· Free access to onsite fitness center in Houston and/or discounted fitness memberships through health provider
· Complimentary garage parking in Houston