Build the future of data. Join the Snowflake team.
There is only one Data Cloud.
Snowflake’s founders started from scratch and designed a data platform built for the cloud that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. But it didn’t stop there. They engineered Snowflake to power the Data Cloud, where thousands of organizations unlock the value of their data with near-unlimited scale, concurrency, and performance. This is our vision: a world with endless insights to tackle the challenges and opportunities of today and reveal the possibilities of tomorrow.
Our product offering runs on multiple cloud providers including Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud. Our infrastructure self-optimizes, provides high availability and data protection across cloud providers so our users can focus on using their data, not managing it.
Our team is called the Cloud Provisioning team, the core underpinning of what makes Snowflake work across multiple cloud providers. We are creating an abstraction layer between each of our cloud providers and the rest of Snowflake that is optimized for Snowflake’s unique needs. We balance usability, cognitive load, performance, and cost for the rest of Snowflake.
We are actively hiring talented distributed systems developers. This role is a unique opportunity to make a significant impact in shaping the vision, architecture and approach for the core services that the rest of Snowflake operates on.
AS A SENIOR DISTRIBUTED SYSTEMS ENGINEER AT SNOWFLAKE YOU WILL:
· Solving real business needs at large scale by applying your software engineering and analytical problem solving skills
· Design and implement scalable distributed systems for our services layer.
· Analyze fault-tolerance and high availability issues, performance and scale challenges, and solve them.
· Leading cross-functional initiatives, and collaborating with engineers, product managers and Technical Program Managers across teams
· Understand trade-offs between consistency, durability and costs to build solutions which can meet the demands of rapidly growing services.
· Ensure operational readiness of the services and meet the commitments to our customers regarding availability and performance.
OUR IDEAL DISTRIBUTED SYSTEMS ENGINEER WILL HAVE:
· 9+ years industry experience designing, building and supporting large scale systems in production.
· 2+ years experience in leading a group of junior and senior engineers.
· Experience building large scale distributed fault tolerant services and control planes including components of compute, storage and networking configuration and monitoring.
· Excellent understanding of low level operating systems concepts including multi-threading, memory management, networking and storage, performance and scale.
· Strong CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, and distributed systems.
· Systems programming skills including multi-threading, concurrency, etc. Fluency in C++ or Java preferred.
· Track record of identifying and implementing creative solutions.
· Experience with cloud infrastructure - AWS, Azure or Google Cloud.
· BS in Computer Science; Masters or PhD Preferred.
WHY JOIN THE ENGINEERING TEAM AT SNOWFLAKE?
· Build an industry-leading Cloud Data Platform.
· Solve challenging technical problems related to security, parallel and distributed systems, programming, resource management, large-scale system maintenance, and more!
· Work closely with our customers & partners, understand their use cases & needs, think strategically to seek the right problem to solve at the right time, and innovate with rigor.
· Learn about and contribute to:
· Super-robust and secure enterprise SaaS platform that services thousands of customers and hundreds of millions of complex queries daily.
· Highly-scalable and reliable cloud platform that runs on hundreds and thousands of machines.
· Optimizing performance and resource management in Java systems.
· Join a world-class team of both industry veterans and rising stars.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?•
Last updated on Sep 22, 2023
30+ days ago
San Mateo, California·
27 days ago
27 days ago
30+ days ago
30+ days ago