OurFamilyWizard (OFW) and Cozi are platforms centered around serving families. Millions of parents have leveraged our apps to organize and communicate amongst each other more effectively. With our recent private investment round from Spectrum Equity, we’re now in the same neighborhood as Grubhub, Ancestry.com, and Headspace, and are ready to accelerate our growth to the next level by reaching the millions of parents and professionals who can benefit from family services.
As a Senior Android Developer, you will directly contribute to crafting new experiences that make life a little bit easier for the millions of families who rely on the Cozi app every day to organize their lives. You will be part of a product team, and operate alongside a collaborative group of product managers, designers, QA analysts, and other web and mobile engineers working together to solve meaningful problems for families of all shapes and sizes. You will be empowered to evolve the product experience through contributions towards feature design and development, Android code architecture, API design, and product strategy. We are looking for an experienced developer who is invigorated by technical challenges, motivated to solve meaningful problems for families, and thrives on feedback in the form of positive outcomes for our users.
We have a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we value people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. If this sounds like a good fit for you, please say hello.
A quick note before we get into the details …no one candidate checks every box and that’s ok. If you think you check many of these and want to come work on a great product with a great mission and want the opportunity to learn as you go, please apply.
We are looking for:
- A person with a strong desire to find the best answer for our customers and our business
- A person with an analytical mindset and exceptional problem-solving skills
- A self-starter with the ability to deliver with minimal supervision
- A strong foundation in data structures, algorithms, design patterns, and clean coding practices
- A person with proven experience delivering software applications/features from inception to shipping within a cross-functional team environment
- A person that can work with other teams across the company to share and establish best practices
- A person that can make engineering decisions that will help pave the way for future products and services
- A person that will enforce code quality to produce high quality, complex, performant user experiences
- A teammate that will collaborate closely with fellow engineers during development and testing
- A person passionate about creating new functionality and modify existing functionality on the platform because they love engineering and helping our users
- Someone with experience working on a legacy system and performing deep dives to figure out how something works
- Someone to participate in technical mentorship / leadership with engineers via code reviews, pairing, architectural reviews, and day to day discussions
- A person to work with the team to write stories, groom the backlog, and direct the course for our products and at times suggest alternatives we may not have thought to consider or know about
- Most importantly, you must be low on ego, and high on integrity. You have a strong desire to find the best answer for our customers and our business vs. be “right"
Successful applicants will have:
- BS in Computer Science or relevant industry experience. (MS in Computer Science a plus)
- Several years of professional software development experience in both creating and supporting Android applications
- Extensive knowledge of functional and architectural design patterns
- Ability to inherit legacy production code and maintain it
- Ability to translate user stories into technical tasks
- Experience in estimating effort effectively
- Strong communication, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Java
- Experience with Android build tools, such as Gradle
- Experience interacting with web APIs (REST, JSON-RPC, etc.)
- Proven experience delivering software applications/features from inception to shipping within a cross-functional team environment
Great to haves:
- Experience with Kotlin
- Experience with developing apps for iOS
- Experience with Android testing frameworks
- Familiarity with design and development collaboration tools (Figma, inVision, etc.)
- Experience with iterative, agile based software delivery processes
Great mission. Creating a safe and productive environment for families is extremely important for us; we’ve been doing it for many years and are deeply motivated to not only help busy families stay organized but to also find new ways to serve families/communities of every stripe.
Growing team. While we’ve been around for a while, we continue to evolve and innovate. That’s what keeps us going! You’ll have an opportunity to contribute meaningfully to our organization as we hit our second stride.
Amazing Culture. We have a positive and supportive culture. In our work together, we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative.
Here’s a list of our key benefits:
- Full Medical: OFW Pays 100% of the premium for employee AND additional family members
- 401k: Up to a 4% match with immediate vesting
- 12 weeks paid leave for all new parents
- Learning & Development stipend for employees
- Full access to Udemy online learning courses
- Supportive and flexible working environment
- 100% flexible working model - work from anywhere!
Come As You are!
OurFamilyWizard provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.