HVAC Manager - Naval Air Station Patuxent River
Competitive Wages and Employer Paid Health Benefits!
Top reasons to work at EMI Services, a subsidiary of TechFlow:
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Paid Time Off – Vacation & Federal Holidays
The HVAC/Structural Manager works directly with the Operations Manager, the Project Manager, and the United States Government. The HVAC/Structural Manager establishes and maintains a professional working relationship with the Government, Government counterparts, subcontractors and facility tenants. The HVAC/Structural Manager functions as a first-line supervisor and is responsible for coordinating and supervising the work of employees in the HVAC shop. HVAC/Structural Mangers assist with administrative duties associated with field operations, provide technical direction for the HVAC Shop and personnel in the maintenance, repair, heating, ventilation, refrigeration and air conditioning systems aboard Naval Air Station Patuxent River.
starting at 125,000 annually (DOE) plus employer-paid insurance
See ALL the fantastic benefits you receive as an employee of EMI below!
- Plan, prioritize, assign, supervise, review, and participate in the work of staff responsible for facility maintenance and repair
- Determine material, equipment, and supplies to be used
- Transfer equipment and personnel from one project to another as necessary
- Coordinate activities by scheduling work assignments, setting priorities, and directing the work of subordinate employees
- Evaluate and verify employee performance through the review of completed work assignments and work techniques
- Monitor and control supplies and equipment
- order supplies and tools as necessary; prepare documents for equipment procurement
- Train or coordinate training in facility maintenance and safety methods, procedures, and techniques
- Assist with preventative maintenance, quality control inspections and safety inspection programs for all facilities and equipment
- Perform monthly mileage and safety inspections on vehicles
- Identify staff development and training needs and ensures that training is obtained
- Ensure proper OSHA regulations are followed for the safety of all employees
- to include delivery of safety briefs and occasional trainings
- Review and approve purchase orders and other documentation for the procurement of spare parts and replacement parts
- Serve as the subject matter expert when troubleshooting, diagnosing difficult problems and recommending repairs
- Serve as the subject matter expert when inspecting, testing, and adjusting equipment
- Coordinate with subcontractors in providing contract services
- Assist in all employee relation issues such as staffing, scheduling, time keeping, disciplinary actions, evaluations, setting goals, coaching, counseling, and compliance with employment law
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Thorough knowledge of the standard practices, tools and terminology in the maintenance, repair, installation and operation of heating, ventilation, refrigeration and air conditioning systems
- Thorough knowledge of the safety hazards of the work and of the necessary safety precautions
- Advanced skill in installing, calibrating, troubleshooting and replacement of control systems.
- Ability to monitor and evaluate problems and organizational performance in order to assess efficiency and effectiveness
- Maintain confidentiality of information related to EMI Services, our customers, vendors and employees
- Be adaptable and flexible in work situations
- establish priorities to ensure completion of tasks in a timely manner
- Promote and maintain a positive image of EMI Services to our customer, vendors, employees, and the community
- Continuously strive to accomplish individual and EMI Services goals
- Polite, professional, and courteous to others
- demonstrate a cooperative and positive attitude
- Inform the Operations Manager or Project Manager of all pertinent problems, irregularities, and other important information within area of responsibility
- Adhere to safety policies and procedures to include proper use of personal protective equipment
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent amounts of technical training and experience
- Must have a minimum of eight (8) years journey-level experience in trades supervising with 2 years’ experience in a supervisory role
- Experience must include inspection, disassembly, assembly, replacement and repair of heating, ventilation, refrigeration and/or air conditioning systems to include compressors, motors, burners, pumps, filters, ductwork, pipes, valves, refrigerants and their recovery systems and pressure vessels
- CFC Certification
- Valid driver’s license
- Pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check
- U.S. citizenship to obtain and maintain access to military installations
- Carrying objects/boxes/print-outs short distances
- Extensive work with a personal computer
- Lifting and moving as much as 50 pounds with assistance
- Use of hands, reaching with hands and arms, talking, and walking
- Prolonged periods of sitting, bending, squatting, standing, twisting, or stooping
- Climbing ladders and entering confined spaces
- Work both indoors and outdoors in various temperatures (some extreme) and weather conditions
*Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
As a team member at EMI, you’ll enjoy:
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation & Federal Holidays)
What Sets EMI Apart
EMI is an industry-leading provider of DOD base operation support services, facilities maintenance, and logistics. Our goal is to contribute to the repair and maintenance of buildings and equipment. EMI consistently delivers cost-saving through best value innovations and quality service that exceeds our clients’ expectations.
The Right Partner: EMI has grown by gaining our customers’ trust and our employees’ loyalty. We’ve successfully performed over 60 service contracts and we understand the unique challenges facing today’s military. We offer exceptional responsiveness and a strong commitment to customer satisfaction. We demonstrate this commitment by consistently earning some of the highest customer satisfaction ratings in the industry.
The Right Team: The EMI team includes over 250 high-achieving professionals, administrative and trades personnel deployed in various locations throughout the United States. At times, we augment our in-house capabilities with proven and capable business partners.
The Right Approach: EMI brings vast expertise and proven solutions to augment our clients’ operations. We provide a platform that delivers seamless mission support and exceptional customer service in a very cost-effective and repeatable solution.
Last updated on Oct 23, 2023