Regional Supervisor, Northeast Region
Location: Albany, NY
*Relocation assistance may be available
The Regional Supervisor is responsible for day-to-day service operations and safety of customer assets of the region in which they represent. They oversee the technicians and activities within their region. They are the core resource for field technicians and are expected to provide support where necessary. They work closely with Asset Managers and lead technicians in the region to efficiently plan and execute service and maintenance of the assets.
Here's what you will do as a Regional Supervisor:
This position will work out the regional office in Albany, NY with the expectation that this role will be in the field at customer sites throughout the region 40%+ of the time each week. This position supports all operations and maintenance activities of the solar and battery storage assets in the region.
- Provide oversight and support of field technicians for maintenance tasks
- Provide recommendations for maintenance tasks to improve safety, quality, and efficiency
- Provide up-to-date information to the management team with regards to their regions ongoing operations as it relates to job quality and health and safety
- Provide professional feedback and support to clients as necessary
- Management of PPE, safety protocols, information, and implementation
- Job quality plans, JHAs, and SOP development, support, and management
- Responsible for scheduling and coordination of crews as required, including maintaining on-call schedule
- Perform random site safety audit and quality inspections, as well as to ensure adherence to maintenance standards and safety documentation, including tailgate meetings and energy isolation lists (LOTO)
- Complete reports as required to document site conditions, areas for improvement, technician negligence, etc.
- Estimate technical field service jobs, including new maintenance opportunities and fixed-price jobs
- Lead inspections and maintenance on medium-voltage transformers, breakers, relays, and associated equipment
- Lead new and critical jobs as required
- Provide field troubleshooting when necessary
- Assist with technician hiring
Do you have the Spark? Here’s what we are looking for:
- Electrical Engineering Degree and/or Electrical State License strongly preferred
- Medium and high voltage experience strongly preferred
- In-depth knowledge of National Electrical Code (NEC), NFPA 70
- Minimum 4 years of field experience
- Experience with the following:
- Medium-voltage transformers
- Low-voltage transformers
- Central inverters
- String inverters and combiner boxes
- Fixed-tilt and tracker mounted PV ground systems
- Experience with battery storage systems is desirable
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to motivate team members while being constructive and supportive
- Ability to manage conflict and generate satisfactory resolutions
- Methodical approach to problem solving
- Proficiency with computers - Microsoft Office Suite, applying firmware updates, writing reports, mobile application usage in either Apple or Android, accessing devices via ethernet or Modbus
- Valid Class D Driver’s License with clean driving record
- Ability to travel throughout the region
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Must be able to complete drug testing and background check prior to employment
Here are some of the perks Spark Power employees enjoy:
- Diverse and exciting industrial, commercial, and institutional projects and customer base
- Growing company with consistent work
- Continuous training and skills improvement
- Career advancement opportunities (Foreman, Project Manager)
- Competitive wages plus incentive plan (profit sharing on top of hourly rate and overtime pay)
- Travel opportunities
- Overtime opportunities
- Excellent benefit package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Extended Health, Disability)
- 401K matching
- Employee Share Ownership Program
- Paid uniforms
- Paid tooling
- Great company culture!
- ….and much more
Who is Spark Power?
- We provide end-to-end electrical contracting, operations and maintenance services, and energy sustainability solutions to the industrial, commercial, utility, and renewable asset markets.
- We have over 1300 employees across 38 offices across North America.
- We have numerous exciting projects in commercial, industrial, and institutional sectors across Canada and the US.