Senior Product Designer – Innovation & Design
Joining Capco means joining an organisation that is committed to an inclusive working environment where you’re encouraged to #BeYourselfAtWork. We celebrate individuality and recognize that diversity and inclusion, in all forms, is critical to success. It’s important to us that we recruit and develop as diverse a range of talent as we can and we believe that everyone brings something different to the table – so we’d love to know what makes you different. Such differences may mean we need to make changes to our process to allow you the best possible platform to succeed, and we are happy to cater to any reasonable adjustments you may require. You will find the section to let us know of these at the bottom of your application form or you can mention it directly to your recruiter at any stage and they will be happy to help.
Capco is a global technology and business consultancy focused on the financial services sector. As part of Capco’s Digital practice, the Design team translates strategy into action, working across the product lifecycle to create and deliver digital innovations in partnership with our clients and their customers.
- Experts in Banking & Payments, Capital Markets, Insurance and Wealth & Asset Management
- Deep knowledge in financial services offerings e.g. Finance, Risk and Compliance, Financial Crime, Core Banking etc.
- Committed to growing our business and hiring the best talent to help us get there.
- Focused on maintaining our nimble, agile and entrepreneurial culture
We are looking for a talented Product Designer to design and shape unique, user-centric digital products and experiences. The ideal candidate should have a good blend of UX and UI skills and be able to translate requirements into interaction flows, journey maps and artifacts and transform them into beautifully intuitive user interfaces. The candidate will have experience working in agile teams, ideally within Financial Services and a consulting environment.
You will be able to make deliberate design decisions and translate any given user-experience journey into a smooth and intuitive interaction.
This is an exciting opportunity for a mid-weight designer looking for a highly diverse, client-facing role where no two projects are the same. If you have strong observation, critical thinking, and inter-personal skills as well as impeccable attention to detail along with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment then we are looking for you.
As a Product Designer, you will:
- Translate business and user needs and technology constraints into solution concepts that are meaningful, easy to use, and engaging
- Facilitate workshops to answer critical business questions through design thinking, rapid prototyping, and testing ideas with customers
- Support project discovery, including workshops, user and stakeholder interviews, analytics, audits, and benchmarking
- Manage project delivery, including the creation and management of delivery roadmaps/timelines for their own outputs as well as any junior designers within their team.
- Articulately communicate statues of project delivery to senior stakeholders.
- Utilise quantitative and qualitative research to generate meaningful insights that will drive creative concepts
- Design journey maps, sitemaps, information architecture, wireframes, UI designs, and prototypes
- Be responsible for the overall visual output of the experience that you are designing
- Be able to work with strict brand guidelines
- Be able to effectively communicate and defend your designs with developers and other key client stakeholders
- Conduct, observe and analyse usability testing sessions
- Develop consistent, intuitive UI Design systems for wider re-use
- Support the QA team to make sure features are implemented as intended
A few things that will set you apart:
- Strong storytelling and communication skills
- Experience with market research, competitive landscape, and testing methods (A/B, multivariate testing)
- Experience with designing enterprise-level design systems
- A good understanding of human psychology
- The ability to sketch/illustrate storyboards
A glimpse of the kinds of challenges you might solve as a design consultant:
- How can the end-to-end experience of a luxury lifestyle banking app be reimagined to improve client engagement?
- How can the API inventory of a commercial bank be presented in a meaningful way to developers and non-developers to increase usage and user engagement?
- How can Terms and Conditions for a financial product be presented so they are less daunting and easier to understand for customers?
- How can an HR department improve the employee experience across digital channels and beyond?
- How can the user experience of a retail investment mobile app be improved to increase the size of the user base and user engagement?
- How can an Investment Bank reimagine a complex internal process to improve employee productivity and reduce human-errors?
Why join Capco?
You will work on engaging projects with some of the largest banks in the world, on projects that will transform the financial services industry.
- A work culture focused on innovation and building lasting value for our clients and employees
- Ongoing learning opportunities to help you acquire new skills or deepen existing expertise
- A flat, non-hierarchical structure that will enable you to work with senior partners and directly with clients
- A diverse, inclusive, meritocratic culture
- Enhanced and competitive family friendly benefits, including maternity / adoption / shared parental leave and paid leave for sickness, pregnancy loss, fertility treatment, menopause and bereavement
Last updated on Feb 7, 2024