If you like disrupting the norm and are looking for a company revolutionizing an industry then you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the old fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. At Carvana, our customers can hop online to...
- Search and browse our inventory of over 20,000 vehicles that we own and certify.
- Narrow down search results using highly intelligent filtering tools/components.
- View vehicle details, Carfax reports, and 360 rotating studio images for every vehicle.
- Secure financing in minutes using Carvana’s in-house service or their own bank.
- Interact with GUI components to easily customize loan length, down payment, and monthly payment.
- Generate, upload, and eSign all documents online (no ink necessary).
- Schedule front door delivery or pick up at one of our vending machines.
- Trade-in their existing vehicle or just sell it to Carvana (no purchase necessary).
For more information on Carvana and our mission, sneak a peek at our company introduction video or learn more about what it’s like to work here from the people that already do.
About the team and position
This role is a vital position within the Market Ops Network Operations and Planning Team. As an individual contributor, this analyst position will be actively involved in managing and implementing the operations schedule that sees the movement and delivery of thousands of cars across the country daily. You will also provide insights on optimizing the design and execution of the overall scheduling strategy.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
What you’ll be doing
- Monitor current schedule efficiency to maximize system objectives for quality, speed, cost, and customer delivery.
- Implement, and modify as needed, the operation schedule to align with actual demand, system constraints, resource adjustments, and operation irregularities.
- Make real-time changes to the operation schedule to minimize customer impacts.
- Identify upstream defects in the network planning process and make recommendations to improve and maintain network health.
- Discover, understand, resolve, and prevent network capacity and demand constraints.
- Provide recommendations on optimize design and execution of network plan.
- Consistently exercise independent judgment and discretion consistent with strategic goals.
- Timely communicate to stakeholders information affecting network plan and coordinate resolution in response to network capacity and demand constraints.
What you should have
- Bachelor’s degree, or 4 years equivalent experience, in quantitative discipline such as supply chain, engineering, operations or STEM.
- Proficiency in Excel/Google Sheets.
- Experience in using scheduling software, demand modeling, transportation management systems, or geographic information systems.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Professional and courteous interpersonal skills.
- Capable of maintaining high-quality content under high volume, fast-paced conditions.
- Strong multitasking and prioritization abilities.
- Problem-solving skills for complex issues.
- Comfortable working in an office environment and using computers extensively.
- Flexibility to work variable schedules as needed.
What we’ll offer in return
- Full-Time Salary Position with a competitive salary.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- 401K with company match.
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more.
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally.
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization.
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development.
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Last updated on Feb 8, 2024