Who We Are
Founded in 2017, Unit8 is a fast-growing Swiss AI and data analytics consulting and services company dedicated to solving complex problems of traditional industries like automotive, chemical, financial services, manufacturing and pharma. We work with some of the biggest organisations in Europe to solve the challenges that directly affect their business - be it operations, finance, manufacturing or R&D. Since our foundation, we have successfully delivered more than 135 projects and have grown to 100+ talented individuals across 5 office locations.
Unit8’s mission is to drive the adoption of AI and Data Science in the non-digital industries and to help accelerate their digital transformation. Among its activities, Unit8 dedicates a part of its resources and time on projects that deeply matter to us - that includes collaboration on pro-bono and “engineering for good” causes. You can learn more about what we are passionate about at Unit8 Talks and on our website you can find more useful information about our business and recruiting process.
These are some examples of projects that we have been working on
- Building a real-time production line monitoring system for the pharmaceutical industry in order to improve the throughput of the production processes for the Pharmaceutical Industry. Technologies: AWS, EKS, CloudFormation, Docker, Python
- Building system for calculating and delivering global climate scores i.e. estimating the impact of climate change on the risk of natural disasters (i.e. floods, wildfires & droughts) for the Insurance Industry. Technologies: PySpark, Python, Proprietary Data Processing Platform
- Building a modern data science platform including a data lake for Chemical Industry. Technologies: Azure, ML Studio, Data Factory, Databricks, Spark
As a member of agile project teams, your mission will be to build solutions and infrastructure aiming at solving the business problems of our clients.
- You are a proficient software engineer who knows the fundamentals of computer science and you master at least one widely adopted programming language (Python, Java, C#, C++).
- You know how to write distributed services and work with high-volume heterogeneous data, preferably with distributed systems such as Spark.
- You are knowledgeable about data governance, data access, and data storage techniques.
- You have strong client-facing skills: comfortable interacting with clients (business & technical audience), delivering presentations, problem-solving mindset.
- You are willing to travel to meet with our clients and the team (mainly in Europe - up to 10% of your time).
- You are eligible to register as a sole trader (self-employment) in Poland. Don’t worry if you don’t know how to do the registration, we can help with that.
What You’ll Do
- Design, build, maintain, and troubleshoot data pipelines and processing systems that are relied on for both production and analytics applications, using a variety of open-source and closed-source technologies.
- Help drive optimization, testing, and tooling to improve data quality.
- Collaborate with other software engineers, ML experts, and stakeholders, taking learning and leadership opportunities that will arise every single day.
- Work in multi-functional agile teams to continuously experiment, iterate and deliver on new product objectives.
What we offer
- Opportunity to shape the expansion of one of the leading Swiss data & AI consultancies
- Compensation package including base salary, yearly bonus based on the both individual + company performance
- Above the norm flexibility regarding when and from where you work as long as both client and internal commitments are met
- Work on cutting-edge data, AI & analytics topics (e.g., Generative AI) that have real impact across industries
- Dedicated time and budget for training and pro-bono projects
- 30 paid days off
- Private health care and Multisport
- Cross offices/company-wide frequent events (off-site or online) as well as quarterly budget to spend with the team on after-work activities
Last updated on Jul 27, 2023