What you will be doing:
We are looking for driven, talented Software Engineers to help us build our SaaS-based anti-money laundering solutions, which help organizations fight financial crime.
We are building cutting-edge solutions that help prevent money flowing to and from bad actors to create a safer world. Your work will allow our customers to find out who is associated with crimes, financial and political risks, what that association is, and when it occurred, and it will dynamically update their state as new information emerges across a huge range of sources.
You will be part of a newly formed team that is responsible for building a platform that has 2 parts: a human in the loop layer that tracks non-engineering user navigation and selections and generates scraper configuration along with a number of other UIs for QA and other tasks, and a set of reusable components and tools used by engineers to ingest and process millions of highly varied sources using a mix of machine learning and great engineering.
As a Senior Software Engineer in the data tribe, you will
- Be working alongside our ML engineers, data scientists, and other software engineers within the tribe;
- Build data-centric pipelines, UIs, SDKs, and various tools for different personas (Software Engineers, Domain Experts, etc.) ;
- Trigger pipelines from and surface results as event streams over Kafka that scale efficiently and independently while minimising latency;
- Where appropriate you will assist our data and ML engineers to build new features that enable our platform to understand articles in media, extract information about entities, apply ML models to categorise their actions, and merge all this with existing data we hold;
- Be responsible for the quality of your code. Write tests, and take ownership of the systems that ensure the quality of our code;
- Learn quickly and be able to adopt the technologies we use to develop code and deploy it;
- Contribute to planning and to the right technical decisions, work with Product on the prioritisation and the scoping of the team’s work, and be able to demo the features you’ve worked on to stakeholders;
- Adopt best practices (and be able to suggest improvements to them), to get code from initial requirements to deployed services in production.
Our Tech Stack:
- Our technology stack is designed to run on public cloud architectures, notably AWS and GCP (primarily);
- We use Python in the backend, but other languages such as Kotlin could be used, and TypeScript, ES6, and React in the frontend and may employ low code tools where it increases efficiency;
- We make substantial use of relational database technologies, notably Postgres, large-scale noSQL technologies such as Cassandra, as well as Spark and cloud-based object stores for big data processing;
- We also use an event-sourced model powered by Kafka for our communication bus and gRPC for our intra-service communication protocol;
- Our data and AI teams use a wide range of machine learning libraries, large-scale hybrid columnar data stores such as Databricks, Spark for stream and big data processing in combination with Kafka, as well as some graph databases;
- We use modern observability solutions (such as Datadog or Grafana) and deploy our code using ArgoCD.
We have a strong emphasis on engineering excellence and have adopted a Kaizen culture to continually improve how we deliver and ensure we ship the best possible code and solutions to our customers.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will:
- Have at +5 years of formal experience if you have a passion for software experience that predates your formal career by many years, although people with 4+ years of experience would typically be well positioned for our mid-level engineering roles;
- Have experience writing production-grade applications;
- Have experience writing tests and understand the importance of testing;
- Have preferable experience with data pipelines or comfort with complex data transformations;
- Have experience working in an agile environment and pair programming;
- Have experience working on the cloud (AWS/Azure/GCP) and/or using containerized infrastructure (Kubernetes/Docker) although the infrastructure itself will be provided by an SRE team;
- Assist in scoping and executing most impactful work for the team;
- Architect and design services/systems using design patterns that allow for iterative delivery and future scaling;
- Actively mentors other Engineers in the team on individual basis or in group settings.
Nice to haves:
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary team of Data Scientists, ML Engineers, SREs, and product managers
- Experience with browser plugins
- Familiar with relevant machine learning techniques and graph algorithms
- Familiar with low-code platforms
- BSc/BA degree in computer science, engineering or related discipline OR relevant years of experience in required skills.
ComplyAdvantage is the financial industry’s leading source of AI-driven financial crime risk data and detection technology. Our mission is to neutralise the risk of money laundering, terrorist financing, corruption, and other financial crimes.
More than 1000 companies rely on us to understand the risk of who they’re doing business with through the world’s only global, real-time database of people and companies. Our solutions identify thousands of risk events daily from millions of structured and unstructured data points.
We have four global hubs in New York, London, Singapore, Lisbon, and Cluj-Napoca and are backed by Goldman Sachs, Ontario Teachers, Index Ventures, and Balderton Capital.
Since 2014, we have raised over $100 million in funding, and in 2022 alone grew by over 40% to over 500 people globally. Over the next 12 months, as our revenue increases, we plan to increase to 600.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary aligned to your skills and experience;
- Equity as we want you to have a part of what we are building;
- Unlimited Time Off Policy- A work-life balance and focus on our wellbeing are critical to keeping us performing at our best;
- Hybrid working- We embrace a hybrid approach that requires employees to be in the office for two days a week. We strongly believe that this approach fosters collaboration and enables the building of meaningful relationships;
- You will also get an annual budget of 235€ to kit out your home office;
- Opportunity to work on innovative projects with smart like-minded people who are keen to share their knowledge and continuously improve;
- Annual learning budget of 2200€ to drive your performance and career development.
At ComplyAdvantage diversity fuels our rocket ship and our commitment to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity and experience drives us forward every day. We encourage everyone to apply and aspire to consider every application fairly.
Last updated on Oct 24, 2023