Why Join Us?
Be a hero for our rare disease patients
At Ultragenyx, we fundamentally believe that taking real impactful action to care for the needs of patients and our people is always the right thing to do. To achieve this goal, our vision is to lead the future of rare disease medicine. For us, this means going where other biopharma companies won’t go – challenging the status quo and creating a new model that advances our field so more patients and caregivers can benefit from life-changing treatments. We do this by following the science, applying a novel rapid development approach, making innovative medicines at fair and reasonable prices, and creating a collaborative ecosystem to reach patients in ways that are most meaningful for them.
Our commitment and care for patients extends to our people, so culture is an essential cornerstone for Ultragenyx. We remain continuously focused on creating a supportive and inclusive environment of profound learning and growth – so employees can thrive in all areas of their lives, in and outside of work. Ultimately, we want to be an organization where we would be proud for our family, friends and children to work.
If you want to have a meaningful impact, do the best work of your career, and grow a lot, both professionally and personally, come join our team.
ultraimpact – Make a difference for those who need it most
As Medical Science Manager (MSM) in the Benelux, you are responsible for developing and enhancing professional relationships with medical thought leaders involved in various phases of product development, as well as key medical organizations including treatment centers of excellence and established societies and associations in Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg. You provide medical information through scientific exchange in a fair balanced manner and provide clinical/scientific support to the company. These are field-based services and require professionals with established personal and scientific credibility to interact with thought leaders and centers of excellence. You will support Ultragenyx products in development and commercialized brands in the Benelux.
Field: Officially documented as working as a member of the Ultragenyx field team, generally interacting with third parties on behalf of Ultragenyx.
- Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) engagement and management: identify, establish, and maintain scientific relationships with KOLs; connecting to KOL in academic and community centers
- Act as primary liaison to HCPs interested in developing projects with Ultragenyx, explore medical practices and specificities, and share with the local Team - Support the Senior Medical Affairs Director in local ISTs and CUs follow-up
- Contribute to the elaboration of the local medical affairs plan with the Senior Medical Affairs Director, and execute the plan - in alignment with regional and national plans
- Perform activities to increase awareness of the rare diseases of Ultragenyx interest
- Provide medical information in response to unsolicited questions in academic, community, and healthcare provider settings
- Provide clinical presentations, information updates, scientific support at medical congresses or for any appropriate educational initiatives
- Collaborate with the Clinical Operations team to support our clinical development program and the team locally (e.g., in identifying appropriate clinical trial sites, in connecting with investigators in ongoing studies…) if required
- Ensure “local” literature review on a regular basis; summarize key messages for internal use
- Contribute to the medical training of the local sales team and bring medical support as needed
- Participation in regular meetings with the Senior Medical Affairs Director and local Team
- Ensure all activities are compliant with company policies and SOPs
- Advanced degree in a clinical or medical specialty (MD, PhD, PharmD, Master of Science Degree) and relevant clinical experience preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in pharmaceutical industry in medical affairs required, and scientific expertise in rare disease is preferred
- Good understanding of the health care delivery system and patient pathway in the Benelux
- Languages: Fluent in French and English (mandatory). Additional Dutch language skills is advantageous
- Location: Benelux
- Approximately 50-60% travel is required; overnight travel can be required as needed
Full Time employees across the globe enjoy a range of benefits, including, but not limited to:
· Generous vacation time and public holidays observed by the company
· Volunteer days
· Long term incentive and Employee stock purchase plans or equivalent offerings
· Employee wellbeing benefits
· Fitness reimbursement
· Tuition sponsoring
· Professional development plans
* Benefits vary by region and country
Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital and veteran status, and any other status or classification protected by applicable federal, state, and/or local laws. Reasonable accommodation will be provided for all protected statuses or classifications protected by applicable law, including individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, for pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions, and based on sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants can request an accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, you may contact Talent Acquisition by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note to External Recruiters
: All candidate activity and open positions are managed strictly through our Human Resources Department. Our Human Resources Department kindly requests that recruiters not contact employees/hiring managers directly in an attempt to solicit business and present candidates. Please note that failure to comply with this request will be a factor in determining a professional relationship with our organization. Submission of unsolicited resumes prior to an agreement set in place between the Human Resources Department and the recruiting agency will not create any implied obligation. Inquiries on developing a recruiting relationship with us, may be directed to: email@example.com.
Last updated on Oct 25, 2023