Care. No matter what:
PPLM has been a leader in promoting sexual health for more than 90 years. We believe that all people deserve the information and expert services to make informed, personal decisions that affect their health, their lives and their futures. We are the state’s leading provider of sexual and reproductive health services. We educate families and empower youth to make responsible choices that lead to healthier lives. We advocate for policies that improve sexual health.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
PPLM believes sexual health is essential to every person’s overall health, well-being and happiness. We recognize that geographical and systemic barriers entrenched in discrimination and stigma prevent people in Massachusetts from having equitable opportunity to choose their own path and access to sexual and reproductive health care. In order to address health equity in communities across Massachusetts in an authentic way, we must start with ourselves. We are taking focused steps to make progress in our own organization. We have embarked on a diversity, equity and inclusion journey that will lead us toward becoming an organization that better reflects our patients and embodies cultural humility. We are wholeheartedly committed to this work.
The Patient Access Representative serves as the first line of contact between external clients and PPLM. The Patient Access Representative provides excellent customer service and responds to patient needs using good judgement, a caring attitude, and accurate documentation. Patient Access Representatives handle patient check-in, check-out, and supply sales at the front desk of PPLM’s health centers. Additionally, Patient Access Representative’s respond to inquiries from PPLM’s external health centers, schedule appointments when indicated, and perform administrative tasks to support PPLM’s health centers.
Patient Access Representatives always communicate information efficiently and effectively with a friendly and compassionate disposition. Handle detailed work with precision and accuracy while using good judgment in determining how to handle difficult patient interactions (including determining when to escalate problems to management).
- Welcomes patients, guests, and escorts into the health center as the first point of contact.
- Follows HIPAA guidelines and maintains professional confidentiality of all patient health information.
- Check-in and check-out patients for their visits while performing verification, accuracy, and eligibility of insurance and other revenue cycle functions as needed.
- Maintains presentation in waiting area and is accessible for patient, visitor, and escort questions in the waiting area.
- Processes refill requests and/or handles sales of contraceptive supplies.
- Cash handling and batch reconciliation each day
- Documents in electronic health record
- Responds to intraoffice telephone calls, portal messages, and in person questions
- Assist in onboarding training of new staff through observations, explanation, and demonstration of tasks.
- Assist colleagues in troubleshooting complex or challenging patient interactions, as able. Follow service recovery framework and escalate to managers or clinical staff as appropriate.
- Creates and sustains a healthy work environment. Respond positively to directives or requests from management team, physicians, clinicians, and nurses to ensure high quality and efficient patient care.
- Participates in PPLM’s efforts to achieve goals for productivity.
- Obeys all PPLM policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Processes medical record requests.
- Monitors upcoming appointments to ensure appointments are appropriately scheduled.
- Contact patients prior to their appointments as needed
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned
Planned Parenthood League of Massachusetts offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes; health, dental and vision insurance, 11 paid holidays, 403B retirement plan with a 3% employer match, paid parental leave, paid time off, flexible spending accounts and more.
Planned Parenthood League of Massachusetts is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.