About Security Bank
We are the Philippines' largest independent bank, having won countless awards over the years, including Philippines' Top Employer, named by Statistica, and Best Bank for Diversity and Inclusion, awarded by Asiamoney.
We’re changing how people bank. From the moment customers enter our branches to their experience online, we make them feel valued and empowered.
Now, with more than 300+ branches nationwide, BetterBanking has become the gold standard in improving the banking lives of millions of Filipinos. But we’re far from done.
In our constant pursuit of excellence and improvement, we create teams that support our business and each other.
As a Financial Analyst, you will be responsible for evaluating an assigned company according to the inherent risks and opportunities that the company may be able to undertake. You will recommend the appropriate facilities and level of business that the SB Rental may be able to undertake with the said Entity.
How you'll contribute
- Preparation of credit proposal, comprehensive analyses and reports based on client submitted documents and data, for presentation to Sales Head and President.
- Responsible for establishing/renewing and/or amending the lease facilities appropriate for the business requirements of SB Rental’s risk appetite; Evaluate investment opportunities for SB Rental on assigned project/proposals; Assist in the allocation of limits along users of the Bank.
- Ensures proper evaluation of Company or Industry by utilizing all available information obtained through plant visit, customer interview, trade checking, reference check, industry evaluation, and others.
- Assessing, analyzing and interpreting complicated financial information
- Conduct financial evaluation and prepare re-casted financial statements (if needed) to come up with more reflective financial statements.
- Recommends the appropriate security level, lease terms and condition, etc.
- Understands the business cycle of the assigned Company and spot the opportunities that SB Rental can work on.
- Acquires the latest information on client’s business plans and activities through regular contracts, plant visits and customer interaction.
- Gathers relevant information and data that impacts the accounts being handled and evaluate how this will affect the client’s business. Keeping knowledge of key issues up-to-date (for example: legal, market risk and compliance issues)
- Ensures timely recognition of increasing risk and recommends for appropriate action. Endorses for the timely downgrade and reclassification for accounts with increasing risk.
- Monitor trends in the assigned industries so performance of players may be tracked and evaluated, thereby recommending exit from weakening players or entry for goods players.
- Prepares industry analysis and industry trends and do stress test as needed to determine effects on the company’s operations and financials.
- Serves as Auxiliary Governance Officer (AGO); Acts as conduit of the assigned unit with the governance offices of the Bank (Compliance Office, Internal Audit, Risk Management and Cyber & Information Security);
- Ensures timely and satisfactory compliance to regulatory and internal requirements; Supports the implementation and compliance of internal controls within the assigned group/division/unit.
- PDC for Warehousing Transmittal Forms duly received by outsourced agency; Constant coaching of collection staff on meeting the deadlines for the submission of transmittal letter on PDCs from lessees.
What we’re looking for
- Graduate of Bachelor's Degree in Business Studies/Administration/Management, Commerce, Economics, Finance/Accountancy/Banking
- Should have at least 3 years of relevant experience
- Must have knowledge and experience in credit risk evaluation, leasing business, and financial statement evaluation
- Should have good analytical, critical thinking, and numerical reasoning skills
- Able to manage multiple sources of information
Last updated on Jun 29, 2023