Hourly Salary Range: $17/hr. - $18/hr.
Available Shifts: Full time and Part time
The Resource Recovery Center of Orange County is dedicated to providing the highest quality of care to those suffering from Alcohol and Substance Use Disorders. Substance Use Disorders are chronic illnesses, and treatment provided is based upon the presenting needs of the individual. Our goal is to help individuals and families begin the physical, emotional and spiritual healing process by utilizing compassionate, encouraging and evidence-based practices. We ultimately strive to guide individuals, and their families, towards a goal of living life to its full potential-free from addiction.
The Recovery Support Staff (RSS) provide aid to individuals who have substance use disorders in a NY State OASAS certified Part 816 Medically Supervised Inpatient Detoxification program and/or Part 818 Inpatient Rehabilitation Program. RSS coordinate engagement with all clients including but not limited to pre-admissions, safety screenings, safety rounds, orientation to the facility, monitoring and encouraging participation in daily program routine, and the discharge process. RSS ensures that a “best practice approach” to client care is maintained, while promoting adherence to organizational values, vision, mission, and service to the recovery community. Security Background Welcome!
SCOPE OF INFLUENCE:
- Acts as a role model when interacting with clients to facilitate client motivation.
- Communicates effectively within interdisciplinary team to support client’s recovery goals, reduce client complaints, and reduce incidents.
- Ensures shift to shift transitions are seamless and consistent.
- Maintains a safe, organized, and therapeutic program environment.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES (85%):
- Provides courteous and engaging customer service from safety desk or residential “L” posts, cross training for all posts/workstations.
- Ensures the safety and well-being of all clients, visitors, and personnel while providing excellent customer service in a courteous and professional manner.
- Provides support for evacuation drills, and effective responses to safety & emergency codes.
- Ensures proper response to significant incidents including timely & accurate incident reporting.
- Observes and monitors clients, providing trauma informed redirection and encouragement to adhere to program activity schedule and structure.
- Communicates client activity to interdisciplinary teams.
- Assists with locating clients and escorting clients to internal and external appointments.
- Assist with all meals and snacks and monitors the dining area.
- Assists with nicotine dosing administration for limited smoking program.
- Supports proper room searches and screenings of all client’s property for contraband.
- Monitors facility premises, access points, activities areas, and residential halls.
- Ensures clients basic needs of clean linen, food, water, clothing, cleaning, and waste disposal are met while in quarantine and modified quarantine.
- Makes routine room checks on all clients as scheduled.
- Supervision of client leisure time activities and outside recreation activities.
- Escorts clients throughout the facility to mealtimes, groups, and activities.
- Supports collection of urine specimens for drug toxicology on new admissions.
- Maintain accurate records on shift reports.
- Provides team with supportive feedback, supports process improvement on shift, and participates in culture of teamwork.
- Adhere to all company service and operating standards.
- Remain in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations including
- Adhere to our dress code policy.
- Coordinate bed assignments and room assignments with Admissions and Clinical departments.
- Assure clients follow daily schedule related to medication, lunch, snack, group, NDA’s, therapeutic recreation, evening phone calls, wake-up, and lights out times.
- Ensure the dining room is cleaned and Search Room is stocked up with all supplies needed. (Overnight)
- Conduct a room check every hour. (Overnight)
- Participate in interdepartmental staff meetings.
- Participate in shift exchange meetings and completes standardized shift communication.
- Completes all assigned trainings in a timely fashion.
- Complete additional duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One (1) year related work experience
- Current valid New York State Driver’s License.
- CRPA-P, CASAC-T, CRPA, or Current New York State
- Security License, preferred.
- Familiar with DSP, BHT, Milieu Counselor in Mental Health
- Capable of multi-tasking and using independent judgment and solid decision-making skills.
- Demonstrates Integrity while working as part of the team and working independently.
- Dedication to excellence in customer service with the ability to listen with an ‘open mind’, showing understanding and compassion.
- Proactive in anticipating client and staff needs.
- Ability to maintain a professional impression, both in appearance and conduct with highly effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to listen, communicate, and relate to other staff on a professional level.
- Capable of following complex instructions.
- Ability to walk, stand, sit, bend, lift, and/or move continually during working hours.
- Ability to lift items and/or equipment of up to 25 pounds.
- Computer proficiency with email, outlook, and office suite.
- Great interpersonal & communication skills
- Detail Oriented.
Last updated on Sep 26, 2023