PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION: Manage day-to-day operations of a Maintenance Shop. Develop and maintain preventive maintenance programs. Ensure distribution center compliance with all regulatory agencies. Prepare and monitor capital and expense budget for facility and equipment
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for managing Building Maintenance and Sanitation personnel.
- Determine schedules, sequences, and assignments for work activities, based on work priority, quantity of equipment and skill of personnel.
- Maintaining a sanitation program and be responsible for achieving the companies goals as well as our third party sanitation inspection.
- Monitor employee's work levels and review work performance.
- Monitor tool and part inventories and the condition and maintenance of shops to ensure adequate working conditions.
- Compile operational and personnel records, such as time and production, inventory data, repair and maintenance records.
- Counsel employees about work-related issues and assist employees to correct job-skill deficiencies.
- Conduct or arrange for worker training in safety, repair, and maintenance techniques, operational procedures, or equipment use.
- Inspect and monitor work areas, examine tools and equipment, and provide employee safety training to prevent, detect, and correct unsafe conditions or violations of procedures and safety rules.
- Requisition materials and supplies, such as tools, equipment and replacement parts.
- Participate in budget preparation and administration, coordinating purchasing and documentation, and monitoring departmental expenditures.
- Meet with vendors and suppliers to discuss products used in repair work.
- Compute estimates and actual costs of factors such as materials, labor, and outside contractors.
- Review, evaluate, accept, and coordinate completion of work bids from contractors.
- Develop and implement electronic maintenance programs and computer information management systems.
- Ensure all OSHA, FDA, USDA, and EPA regulations are followed and proper documentation is completed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Education: Bachelor's degree (B. A. or B.S.) from four-year College or university; or six to eight years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in maintenance and/or engineering roles.
- Familiarity and knowledge of Work Order Control procedures.
- Working knowledge of mechanics, electricity, and HVAC
- Experience with refrigeration required
- Knowledge of plumbing, pallet jack and forklift repair, electricity - both a/c and d/c power helpful.
- Must possess good knowledge of all aspects of maintenance
- Experience in budgeting and financial reporting
- Great people skills; able to work with people at all levels within the organization including outside vendors
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT:
This work is performed in a moderately noisy office environment.
Honor Foods, is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against or harass any applicant or employee on any grounds prohibited under any federal, state or local law, including race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or membership in any other legally protected class. None of the questions in our application are intended to elicit information regarding any protected characteristics, nor imply any limitation; illegal preferences or discrimination based up non-job related information or protected characteristics.