We are hiring in Stockholm!
As part of Northzone’s continuous growth, we are excited to expand in Stockholm with a new addition to our investment team. At Northzone we are looking for outstanding individuals who have the intellect and the drive to find, win over and support the world’s best entrepreneurs - and who, like us, feel lucky to have such a rewarding job.
We’re a global multi-stage venture capital fund and since 1996, we have been chosen by exceptional entrepreneurs as a long-term partner for growth. So far, across ten fund generations, we have invested in over 175 companies including category-defining businesses like Spotify, iZettle, Kahoot!, Trustpilot, Personio, as well as leaders in emerging sectors. We do this with a global team and offices in London, Stockholm, New York, Berlin and Amsterdam.
Between the global climate crisis and social, economic, and political uncertainty, we believe technological innovation will continue to be the silver lining that delivers real societal growth. Now more than ever, we look to entrepreneurs who are building a mindful, innovative future; founders have often proven that they thrive in turbulent times.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- As an investment team member, you will spend a large part of your time sourcing new deals and forming relationships with entrepreneurs in our target sectors and markets
- You will be on the deal team for new investments and support market, financial and commercial due diligence processes
- You will work individually and in team settings to develop new investment thesis in exciting new market segments which will lead to sector expertise over time
- Provide support for our portfolio companies. You’ll get increased exposure to our portfolio as you spend time with us, but we’ll introduce relevant companies early on to involve you in the strategic work surrounding the portfolio
- You’ll represent Northzone in the startup ecosystem and assist in various internal activities across the firm, including fund strategy, LP reporting, and events
- While your base will be in Stockholm, you will work with colleagues across all of our offices. We think it’s important for the entire team to meet regularly and travel across offices multiple times per year
- We encourage initiative-taking and over time, we will offer you the opportunity to leverage your increasing investor toolkit to assume early leadership in various aspects of life as an investor within Northzone
You probably have the following experience and attributes:
- At least 2 years of full-time professional experience. Ideally from a tech-driven, entrepreneurial company, with a proven excellent analytical foundation
- Highly motivated with a demonstrable curiosity for technology, the entrepreneurial journey and strong commercial acumen
- We look for self-starters and high achievers who thrive without needing close management and you are results-driven
- Strong communication skills: you need to be able to convey your thinking effectively, internally and externally
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and positive attitude: building a strong network in our ecosystem is a key success driver
- We warmly welcome candidates from different walks of life as we believe passionately that diversity in all its forms, leads to better outcomes
- Right to work in Sweden
We want people driven by passion and with an entrepreneurial mindset, ready to embrace the uncertainty of this world and the investment ecosystem. We’re welcoming all backgrounds and reward grit. Your profile doesn’t look like the norm? Be our guest.
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday
- Generous parental leave, above and beyond statutory requirements
- Private health insurance
- Several off-sites with the team each year
Last updated on Oct 16, 2023