A World-Changing Company
Palantir builds the world’s leading software for data-driven decisions and operations. By bringing the right data to the people who need it, our platforms empower our partners to develop lifesaving drugs, forecast supply chain disruptions, locate missing children, and more.
Our U.S. Government team is looking for a skilled Site Reliability Engineer with an unbending commitment to security to join us. The ideal candidate will combine their engineering experience and drive to improve existing systems and processes, with the creativity to develop novel solutions to evolving challenges. Our team strives to automate processes wherever possible, using whichever tools are best for the job. You’ll be the experts for the environments that you operate infrastructure in, helping partner teams build & configure their software to operate reliably within.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure the reliability, scalability, and performance of our systems and applications.
- Design, implement, and maintain containerized environments.
- Contribute to automation infrastructure and tools to streamline operations, deployment, and monitoring processes.
- Monitor and troubleshoot system and application performance, identifying and resolving issues to minimize downtime.
- Implement and maintain robust security measures to protect systems and data, while prioritizing security.
- Collaborate with development teams to optimize application performance and ensure seamless integration of new features.
- Participate in on-call rotations and respond to incidents to ensure timely resolution.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends and technologies, proactively finding opportunities for improvement.
What We Value
- Strong proficiency in Linux or Windows system administration and troubleshooting.
- In-depth knowledge and practical experience with containerization solutions such as OpenShift, Kubernetes, Rancher, or MicroK8s.
- Proficiency with programming and scripting languages such as Go, Bash, Java, and Python.
- Familiarity with automation and configuration management tools (e.g., Ansible, Chef, Puppet).
- Understanding of systems and network security principles and best practices.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to analyze complex issues.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills to work effectively in cross-functional teams.
- Ability to operate autonomously and without day-to-day direction.
What We Require
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Experience with cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform) or on-premise hardware.
- Knowledge of DevOps and DevSecOps principles and practices.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and related tools (e.g., Jenkins, GitLab CI).
- Familiarity with monitoring and logging tools (e.g., Prometheus, Grafana, ELK stack).
- Understanding of database systems and SQL.
- An active U.S. security clearance.
Life at Palantir
We want every Palantirian to achieve their best outcomes, that’s why we celebrate individuals’ strengths, skills, and interests, from your first interview to your longterm growth, rather than rely on traditional career ladders. Paying attention to the needs of our community enables us to optimize our opportunities to grow and helps ensure many pathways to success at Palantir. Promoting health and well-being across all areas of Palantirians’ lives is just one of the ways we’re investing in our community. Learn more at Life at Palantir
and note that our offerings may vary by region.
In keeping consistent with Palantir’s values and culture, we believe employees are “better together” and in-person work affords the opportunity for more creative outcomes. Therefore, we encourage employees to work from our offices to foster connectivity and innovation. Many teams do offer hybrid options (WFH a day or two a week), allowing our employees to strike the right trade-off for their personal productivity. Based on business need, there are a few roles that allow for “Remote” work on an exceptional basis. If you are applying for one of these roles, you must work from the state in which you are employed. If the posting is specified as Onsite, you are required to work from an office.
Palantir is committed to promoting a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that all Palantirians share the responsibility of upholding our commitment to these values and encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences to join us in solving the world’s hardest problems. Palantir does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palantir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor’s EEO poster, EEO poster supplement and Pay Transparency Notice for additional information. Palantir is committed to making the job application process accessible to everyone. If you are living with a disability (visible or not visible) and need to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please reach out and let us know how we can help.
Last updated on Jul 21, 2023