At Iapetus Holdings we are on the pursuit of innovative thought leaders who thrive in a growth environment. We are a privately held portfolio of field service companies and alternative investments. The Iapetus suite of operating companies is a multimillion-dollar portfolio with more than 200 employees across the US, efficiently structured to deliver optimum results for clients. Our business is structured to share common costs through the shared service functions supported by the Iapetus Holdings team such as accounting, human resources, logistics, and legal. Our strategic structure optimizes business performance for our clients across the portfolio.
In alignment with our value of transparency, here is a quick snapshot of Iapetus Holdings: We are a small organization in growth mode, hiring individuals who can make an immense impact on our organization, not afraid to roll up sleeves when needed to get the job done and emulate the foundation of our entrepreneurial culture. Due to our growth mode, the accounting function is in a transformation phase and this position you will have a sizeable stake in establishing accounting processes as our progress continues.
We are looking for a Controller to lead all accounting and financial planning of our organizations. This individual will direct the financial activities of all organizations including (but not limited to) accounting activities, financial modeling, financial planning and analysis, managing budgets, identifying investment opportunities, and conducting risk analyses. The successful candidate will bring 10 years of robust experience in accounting as well as financial planning. The individual will also be responsible for overseeing a team of five direct reports and provide coaching and development opportunities.
· Oversee Accounting; Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures;implement a system of controls over accounting transactions to minimize risk.
· Identify and Oversee the production of periodic financial reports; ensure that the reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principlesand reporting standards.
· Work with external auditors and provides needed information for the annual audit.
· Create risk analysis reports for both internal and external ventures. .
· Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal government requirements.
· Identify potential avenues for future areas of expansion and process improvement.
· Oversee, develop, and manage all Finance team members including performance evaluation conversations, career development plans and opportunities for further training and development.
· Perform variance analysis and report significant budget differences to management.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration required. MBA would be an asset.
· Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designation strongly preferred.
· 4+ years’ experience overseeing all accounting aspects of an organization.
· Experience in people management and leading and developing direct reports.
· An entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to work and thrive in a changing and fast paced environment.
· An innovative approach with experience creating solutions and processes to improve efficiencies and overall organizational goals.
· Exposure and an understanding of different industries including a variety of business models, ventures, and investment opportunities.
· Preferred experience in the energy and/or utilities sector.
· An in-depth understanding of financial profit and gaap analysis and improvement.
· Quick books experience required
· ERP implementation experience preferred
· Private equity experience preferred.
· Microsoft Power BI experience preferred.
Iapetus Holdings LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a very competitive compensation plan. Benefits include: Medical, Vision, Dental, 401K. This business is located in the Houston Galleria area.
Last updated on Nov 14, 2023
30+ days ago
New York, New York·
30+ days ago
30+ days ago