What You'll Do:
The Competitive Intelligence Director leads the overall competitive intelligence function that will drive market success. In this dynamic, matrixed position, you will elevate Billtrust's overall competitive knowledge by enhancing our understanding of the competitive landscape, enabling us to anticipate and respond effectively to market events, shape our future strategies, and ultimately achieve business objectives.
As a trusted resource that thrives in a fast-paced environment, you will be responsible for defining analytic methodologies, leading across the organization, and providing analyses and recommendations that can be executed with confidence. Your powerful combination of strategic marketing proficiency and technical acumen empowers you to skillfully craft compelling competitive intelligence.
- Competitive Intelligence Leadership – orchestrate cross functional competitive understanding and analysis in teams such as Product Management and Product Marketing to drive product roadmap decisions and GTM strategy for business impact.
- Subject matter expert – on the competitive landscape by developing an in-depth understanding of the competitive landscape and market dynamics, laying the foundation for a winning competitive positioning and messaging and delivering analysis related to Billtrust’s business, products, competitors, and the accounts receivables industry.
- Engage cross functionally and at all levels to improve BIlltrust competitive intelligence across the company, particularly Product Marketing (positioning and messaging), Product Management (product roadmap), Solutions Consulting, Customer Success and Sales.
- Conduct comprehensive analyses of markets, competitors, technology trends, and synthesize implications relevant to our business.
- Create world class competitive intelligence vision and strategy, translate into actionable plans with measurable goals. Assertively express ideas to improve competitive intelligence.
- Sales Enablement – create and maintain high-value sales tools (i.e. battlecards, competitor information base, newsletters, etc.) that communicate the competitive landscape and our positioning.
- Success Metrics Reporting – Define, track and report on key performance indicators (KPIs) that show the impact of competitive intelligence impact on achieving business goals.
What You'll Bring to the Team:
- 10+ years’ of relevant work experience in B2B SaaS products required; previous work experience in a competitive intelligence, solutions consulting, product marketing or product management role preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required, relevant MBA or master’s degree strongly preferred or comparable relevant experience
- Strong leader and player with proven ability to lead cross-organizational alignment and projects to achieve business objectives
- Strategic mindset with a pragmatic attitude, ability to translate ideas into action, and manage multiple projects and priorities concurrently, while demonstrating flexibility and creativity
- Strong business acumen, intellectual curiosity, and cogent, persuasive expression
- Exceptional standards for quality in writing, speaking, and independent thought, as well as a demonstrated interest in and knowledge of the AR industry
- Solid understanding of the overall SaaS technology landscape with the ability to understand data and how to apply it to identify opportunities and solve problems, international market experience a plus
The expected base salary range for this position is $160,000 - $210,000 annually.
Compensation may vary depending on several factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, experience, competencies, and geographic location. Some roles may qualify for extra incentives like equity, commissions, or other variable performance-related bonuses. Further details will be provided by our Talent Acquisition team during the interview process.
Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Billtrust, we celebrate and support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. So, if your experience aligns but doesn't exactly match each and every qualification, apply anyway. You may be exactly what we are looking for!
What You'll Get:
- Work from Anywhere: Our state of the art office, your home, a company paid WeWork.... you decide!
- A Culture that Lives its Values: Our values are not just words or window dressing, they guide our decisions - big and small - each and every day.
- Flexible Working Hours: We support your lifestyle- the results are what count.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- Sabbatical: A paid leave to reward longevity and commitment to Billtrust.
- Paid Parental Leave: To promote parent-child bonding and increase gender equity at home and in the workplace.
- Opportunities for Growth: Professional development can take many shapes. Join one of our seven ERGs or participate in our Mentor-Mentee, Leadership, and High-Potential Programs- we foster an environment where all employees can grow.
- Recognition: From Billtrust Bucks and Gongings to Culture Champion and Founders Awards, our employees are recognized for hard work and outcomes achieved.
- Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, short-term and long-term disability, flexible spending accounts, HSA, and life, cancer, and AD&D insurance.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
Who We Are:
Finance leaders turn to Billtrust to control costs, accelerate cash flow and improve customer satisfaction. As a B2B order-to-cash software and digital payments market leader, we help the world's leading brands get paid faster while transitioning from expensive paper invoicing and check acceptance to efficient electronic billing and payments. With over 2,600 global customers and more than $1 trillion invoice dollars processed, Billtrust delivers business value through deep industry expertise and a culture relentlessly focused on delivering meaningful customer outcomes. #LI-Remote
Last updated on Feb 7, 2024