PROJECT MANAGER IN HEAVY CIVIL CONSTRUCT
Current Opening for a result-driven, skilled, and proven Project Manager for heavy civil highway and bridge projects in Richmond, and Charlottesville, and Frederisburg VA areas. Excellent benefits package, safety priority and collaborative environment! We can't wait to talk with you!
Project Managers plan and oversee the building process of heavy civil construction project(s) from start to finish. If your heavy civil project management skills have a range from pre-construction to completed heavy civil projects on time and on budget, we may have a great opportunity forYOU !
Position: Project Manager Location: Varies: Fredericksburg ,Richmond, Charlottesville VA Area
Salary: Competitive- based upon experience and qualifications
Job Duties/Project Manager:
- Ensures that all projects are completed in a timely, safe manner and within budget
- Plan and formulate civil construction projects according to project requirements and engineering standards
- Collaborate with field management to ensure successful resolution of issues between the project plan and site execution on an ongoing basis
- Approve all equipment, personnel changes and requisitions prepared and submitted by Superintendents
- Ensure that the project crews are delivering quality work according to the construction plans and specifications
- Oversee and manage accurate project documentation
- Ensure contract, permit and authorization compliance are accurate, complete and within required timelines
- Establish and maintain professional, effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, owners, subcontractors and the general public
- Create and submit erosion control plans, traffic control plans
- Strong ability to read, comprehend and build from construction set drawings
- Provide all daily, monthly reporting of job(s) progress and challenges
- Utilize project management software such as Heavy Job, Procure, P6
- Create and manage project budget for all assigned projects
- Develop and collaborate on pre-construction packages
- Conduct project meetings with owners and subcontractors
- Understand and oversee project administration, Including RFI’s, Submittals, Change Orders, Etc.
- Generate and Maintain Project Schedules Utilizing Critical Path Method via Microsoft Project, Primavera Software or other Construction Software
- Supervise direct reports including Superintendents, Assistant Project Managers, Project Engineers and Supporting Staff
- Excellent Leadership and Communication Capabilities. Lead by Example.
- Promote and oversee Safety and Company long-term goals, and company culture
- Conduct weekly meetings with project team (to include scheduling and costing review)
- Develop and effectively manage against project budget and ensure project meets projected/required margins
- Ensure the accuracy of weekly labor and equipment reports and monthly cost reports
- Conduct and document ongoing financial projections of project performance throughout project life
- Document, prepare, and initiate claims, if necessary
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of project schedule, key project milestones, and reasons for delays
- Ensure accuracy, appropriate detail and timely submittal of Superintendent 2-week schedules
- Oversee the issuance of subcontracts and supplier purchase orders
- Ensure the appropriate performance management of subcontractors
- Other Duties as Assigned
Work Experience, Attributes and/or Education Requirements:
- Minimum 5 Years Heavy Civil Construction Management Experience Required
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or Construction Management (4 years) Preferred but not required
- Relevant Project Portfolio to include infrastructure projects such as Landfills, Dams, Spillways, Bridge, Heavy Highway & Infrastructure Experience, Large Scale Water Control ,Large Utility Project Management Experience Required
- Strong computer skills to included ,P6, Heavy Job, Heavy Bid, Procore Experience Preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple, large scale, challenging projects
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on the telephone
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
Windrose Staffing was born from a passion to help others to succeed in their career goals and to assist companies in finding a great match for talent. (www.windrosestaffing.com).
Windrose Staffing provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Last updated on Sep 26, 2023