Lulalend is a FinTech company with a belief in the power of small business. We work hard to empower businesses across South Africa with the funds they need to grow. Small business owners are the foundation for growth in our economy, and they deserve an easy and inspiring lending process.
Lulalend was founded because there is an underserved market for access to funding that the banks and other lenders overlook. We innovate in order to significantly reduce this credit gap - directly assisting our economy and job creation on a grand scale. So, by joining our team you’re helping businesses stay open, grow and offer more job opportunities. Yay you!
Lulalend is a one of a kind business – literally. There is no-one in South Africa doing what we’re doing yet, because we’re awesome!
Collaborative - we’re a clan and work together as a team, always towards a common goal
Committed - we’re accountable and follow through no matter the challenge
Curious - we look for better ways to do things and make a positive difference
Connected - we stay close to, learn from and look to understand each other and our customers
Compassionate - we go out of our way to care about our colleagues, our customers and our community
We are looking for a highly motivated individual that will work closely with various team functions to develop a comprehensive approach to acquiring customers.
Your work will encourage small business owners to apply for a transaction business account amongst a variety of other Lulalend products that will not only suit their business needs, but also ensure they have an exceptional product experience stemming from an operational and customer perspective.
You will be a driving force in helping our customers realise that Lulalend is the only choice when it comes to funding and banking.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Providing professional, warm and clear customer service and an outstanding customer experience to assist and educate our customers
- Managing your attendance, time keeping and personal effectiveness to maintain required SLAs and KPIs
- Developing a deep knowledge of our process and product and becoming a subject matter expert over the course of time
- Ensuring weekly tasks and metrics are achieved
- Collaborating with the team and peers to drive the ultimate success of customer service delivery in an omni channel environment
- Working with other teams and customers i.e. inter-functional assistance and feedback
- Delivering a service that drives positive conversion while ensuring quality is of a high standard
- Giving feedback that leads to the implementation of ideas to improve internal process and relationships within the Customer Experience Team
- Analyzing applications in the first phase of the assessment and provide recommendations to the customer in order to proceed to the next stage of the application
- Discussing the outcome of applications with customers, where an approval has been given
- Understand reasons for and comply with said rules and regulations set out by Lulalend ensuring credit is granted to a customer with the highest level of integrity
THE COMPETENCIES WE’RE AFTER
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to listen well and show empathy
- Proven ability to operate independently
- Self-assurance and a confident manner
- Proven ability to remain calm under immense pressure
- Have the ability to debate in a constructive manner and to challenge conventional wisdom
- Process control and process thinking – understanding the impact of how changes affect customers and stakeholders in all parts of the value chain
- Ability and willingness to deal directly with specific tasks and enquiries where required
- Financial insight; understand the elements of a financial business and product
THE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Matric with Mathematics
- Degree / Diploma in finance (would be advantageous)
- 3+ years’ experience working in a customer support role within financial services, with focus on underwriting (would be preferred)
- Advanced troubleshooting and multi-tasking skill capabilities
- Experience in delivering great customer service that drives quality and resolution
- Experience in an omni-channel customer service environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Banking experience would be beneficial
- Fintech experience within a startup environment, would be a nice to have