Come join the team at Zynga making an impact across all of the company’s games - Central Technology! We focus on shared client & server technology and features that drive the underlying gameplay experience. We’re looking for exceptional leaders with a passion for technology and the ability to work with a diverse team. As a Technical Product Manager for Central Technology, you will design, develop, and maintain Zynga’s platform portfolio, which accelerates game development and streamlines live operations.
As the Head of Product for the Developer Services vertical, you will shape the vision, roadmap and strategy for Developer Services at Zynga in collaboration with Engineering and Production, and ensure that game teams can develop and deliver compelling experiences for players across mobile, console and PC. You will partner with engineers, senior leadership, and other internal partners across multiple studios to create & improve processes and tools for cross-platform development and sustainable operations for our global development teams.
This role will include people management responsibilities as well as individual contributor work—perfect for someone who wants to remain close to their products and is also keen to build and grow their own team. This role will lead a team of product managers for three product teams under Developer Services: Financial Operations, Build Tech, and Developer Security Operations. Additionally this person will directly manage product for a new product team currently forming, Developer Tools, which includes products such as localization.
- Define the vision for Developer Services by understanding our customers' needs. Partner closely with Product and Engineering leaders on game teams creating feedback loops for continued improvements and identify patterns of need across Zynga.
- Partner with multidisciplinary team leads to develop and implement the product vision and strategy for the Developer Services vertical, ensuring alignment with overall company goals and objectives.
- Define how we will measure the success, effectiveness, and quality of products. Leverage qualitative consumer insights and quantitative data to inform decisions.
- Evangelize our offerings. Get commitments from internal customers and achieve roadmap alignment. Be able to clearly articulate the value of developer and infrastructure related technology initiatives and help our partner teams understand that value as it applies to the problems that they’re looking to solve.
- Guide and mentor a team of product managers to help evaluate, design, implement, and maintain Zynga’s developer tools and infrastructure services and help them grow and develop in their roles.
- Monitor industry trends and competitive landscape to inform product strategy and ensure Zynga’s Developer Services solutions are competitive with external offerings and are evolving with changes in the industry.
- Exhibit sound product judgment, ability to formulate product strategy and present clear measurable objectives that will lead to achieving our business goals.
- Expected to provide valuable input into business decisions based on in-depth data analysis and demonstrate how that analysis impacts key product metrics.
- Ability to balance player, partner, and business interests while considering technical integration tradeoffs.
- Collaborate closely with other leaders in Central Technology and across subject areas to drive practices and positive team culture.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 4+ years of product management in video games, mobile app development, or enterprise software experience.
- 2+ years of people management experience.
- Solid understanding of developer needs and familiarity with the tools & processes development teams use to develop, build, test and release code.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills & ability to present work to executive staff.
- BS degree in Computer Science preferred and/or equivalent software development experience.
- Experience negotiating and coordinating 3rd party vendors.
- Working knowledge of AWS cloud computing (EC2, RDS, Redshift, DynamoDB)
- Some familiarity with source control, operating systems (basic Linux commands, etc), data analytics, and SQL experience preferred.
- Familiarity with DevOps, development architecture, and service teams is a plus.
- Outstanding organizational and analytical abilities, and attention to detail.
- A self-starter, a great teammate, and driven to succeed.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities and partner management skills.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- Competitive salary, bonus plan and ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- 401K Company Match Contribution (US)
- RRSP/DPSP company match contribution (Canada)
- Health coverage, dental, disability, critical illness, EAP, and life insurance (Canada)
- Medical, dental, vision, EAP, life insurance, and disability benefits (US)
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Global Fitness reimbursement program
- Global Wellbeing Program
- Financial wellness program with unlimited access to certified financial planners
- Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid parental, pregnancy-related disability, caregiver, and compassionate leaves
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily player
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at AccommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.
Last updated on Oct 3, 2023