Bridge Superintendent in Richmond VA
Immediate opportunity!! Searching for a results-driven, goal-oriented, safety-focused experienced Bridge Superintendent for heavy highway/bridge projects in Richmond, Va, and surrounding areas. Need to have DOT experience, Deep Excavation, MSE Wall, and Pile Experience. Bridge Superintendents need to be able to work in a variety of weather conditions, potentially rugged terrain, and potential for regional travel may be required.
Superintendents oversee day-to-day operations, direct management of equipment, foreman, operators, field operations, supplies, and safety of the project. Superintendents work as project and team leaders to ensure the project is delivered on time within -budget and in a safe manner.
Confidential company offers an excellent, comprehensive benefit packet, competitive salary, positive and strong safety culture and team culture!
Position: Bridge Superintendent Location: Richmond VA
Salary: Based Upon Qualification and Experience ( You won't be disappointed in the Salary and Benefit Package)
General Job Duties of Superintendent:
- Responsible for being a direct contact between clients, subcontractors, and personnel on the project site
- Manages critical project information and ensures all information is communicated in a timely manner to the project management team
- Adheres to labor and production schedules ensuring that projects are built on time and within budget and improving profit margin
- Ensures that no extra work outside of the original scope or contract is conducted without approved change orders
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints
- Determines Means and Methods of Construction Project
- Complete daily and weekly accurate project logs and documentation and progress reports and photos
- Prepare and submit weekly and two-week look-ahead plans to General Superintendent and Project Management team
- Complete any electronic and/or required paperwork for daily and weekly reports accurately detailing employee and equipment hours, completed quantities, and other activities on site
- Ensure work is completed in the highest company quality manner and according to QA/QC specifications, minimizing rework or call-back work
- Be self-motivated and a team player
- Ensure teams are adhering to and working in high-safety compliance environment
- Other Duties as Assigned
Job Skills & Qualifications/Education Requirements:
- Minimum of Five ( 5)years of bridge experience on heavy civil projects in a Superintendent capacity Required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
- Ability to read, comprehend and build out construction drawings, specifications, architectural drawings and legal documentation
- Relevant Bridge project portfolio- both over water and land bridge experience preferred
- Strong ability to manage multiple priorities
- Demonstrated and proven leadership ability
- Basic knowledge of software programs, such as Microsoft Office, HeavyJob
- Large Scale Bridge Projects in Excess of $2 million is Required
- Survey Experience is a Plus
- Excellent ability to communicate and write reports and professional correspondence to vendors, clients, subcontractors etc.
- Excellent reading comprehension of technical documents, such as safety regulations, assembly and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Excellent verbal communications skills, especially when addressing customers, clients or project meetings
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on the telephone
Windrose Staffing was born from a passion to help others to succeed in their career goals and to assist companies in finding a great match for long-term talented professionals. Let us use our experience and relationships in construction placements to help assist you while you are searching for a new position or career company (www.windrosestaffing.com).
Windrose Staffing provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Last updated on Sep 26, 2023