Assurance IQ is a technology company headquartered in Seattle. We were acquired by Prudential (NYSE: PRU) to further the joint mission of improving financial wellness across the world.
Our team of world class software engineers, data scientists, and business professionals work every day to expand our product offerings and the reach of our platform. We simplify the complex world of insurance and financial services into straightforward, valuable solutions to improve people's lives. We start by asking customers a few questions, so our system can learn about their needs; from there, our ground-breaking, proprietary platform takes over and analyzes the thousands of data points that make customers unique. This is how we create custom-tailored plans for each customer; plans built precisely for their needs and budget. Our platform serves as the intersection between customer and seller, technology, and the human touch.
At Assurance, we are innovative, persevering, collaborative, calculated, and authentic, and we're working together to improve the lives of millions!
Assurance is seeking a skilled and enthusiastic Analytics Lead (Finance) to join our Analytics Center of Excellence (ACE) situated within the broader Data Science department. This role will manage a small team of Business Financial Analysts and be a critical bridge between Finance, Technology and the Business teams.
The Kind of Person We’re Looking For
We are looking for someone who is an excellent communicator, business-focused and technically savvy. They get excited about diving into the details and working with business stakeholders to build analytics products that drive business value and enable finance teams.
- Team Leadership: Manage a small, highly skilled team of business analysts, each specializing in different aspects of our finance data workflow.
- Player-Coach Approach: Act as a player/coach by taking individual ownership of specific analytics initiatives, diving deep into details, building data products, and presenting insights to finance stakeholders.
- Ownership of Finance Analytics: Be the owner of data analytics supporting the finance organization; leading stakeholder engagement, developing roadmaps, and effectively communicating findings.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Work closely with Data Engineering, Data Science, and Finance Data Consumers to develop high-performance data products that empower our broader finance team to perform analytics and answer critical financial questions.
- Data-Driven Decision Support: Leverage your expertise in complex data analysis to guide the business in making informed, data-driven decisions when needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related field; or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of experience in roles such as Data Scientist, Analytics Engineer, or Financial Analyst.
- Advanced SQL skills and experience working with relational databases, including query authoring (SQL) and familiarity with various databases.
- Proficiency in data storytelling, with the ability to extract relevant insights from extensive datasets and present them in a clear, concise manner.
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as Looker, Tableau, or other BI tools.
- Familiarity with data framework tools, such as dbt.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Proven experience in supporting and collaborating with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Experience leading and managing analytical teams.
Nice to Have:
- Proficiency in Python.
- Experience working with financial data and a strong grasp of finance concepts.
- Familiarity with CI/CD automation.
- Knowledge of the insurance and/or finance industry.
- Experience with Trino or similar technologies.
Note: Assurance is required by multiple state and city laws to include the salary range on position postings when hiring in those specific locals. The salary range for this position will be between (USD: $145,306 - $210,693, CAD: $142,857 - $207,142) and may be eligible for additional bonus or commission plans + benefits. Eligibility to participate in the bonus or commission plans is subject to the rules governing those programs, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors including, without limitation, individual and/or organizational performance. In addition, employees are eligible for standard benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and retirement.
Choose Assurance Because:
· Exceptional base salary plus bonus structure
· Comprehensive benefits which include, medical, dental, vision, 401K and more
· Unlimited paid vacation, sick leave, plus paid holidays.
· Growth opportunities, advance your career rapidly, we offer leadership development training and promote from within.
· Ongoing coaching and career development including individual and group coaching sessions.
· Fast paced, high performance environment.
Last updated on Oct 25, 2023