- Assist in the testing of samples and assist with the maintenance of equipment’s.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the analysis of raw materials, intermediate and finished samples.
- Collect samples according to approved quality plan.
- Carry out preliminary preparation of sample collected for X-ray analysis.
- Carry out sieves and moisture analysis of samples.
- Prepare slides and make microscopic observations.
- Ensure cleaning of sample collection points.
- Assist in managing inventory of chemicals and laboratory items including glassware in the laboratory stores.
- Escalate any identified deviations from target quality standards promptly to the supervising Technologist.
- Recommend and implement improvements to the plant’s laboratory operations and maintenance of lab equipment and instruments.
- Ensure effective housekeeping in the laboratory.
- Assist in the maintenance of ISO quality management systems in the unit.
- Assist in the preparation of periodic lab analysis and activity reports.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Head, Quality Control & Assurance, or relevant supervising Technologist.
Education and Work Experience
- SSCE with minimum of ten (10) years relevant work experience.
Skills and Competencies
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Good knowledge of laboratory terminology and equipment
- Ability to handle samples and operate lab equipment
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Good communication skills
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training and Development
Last updated on Dec 14, 2020