Reports To: School Director
FLSA Classification: Certificated, 190-day
Full Time/Part Time Status: Salary, full time, exempt
Salary: Teacher Framework (Steps 1-32) Range: $59,107 - $105,339. Salary is commensurate with experience and education level.
Developed by a coalition of San Diego civic leaders and educators, High Tech High opened in September 2000 as a small public charter school with plans to serve approximately 450 students. HTH has evolved into an integrated network of sixteen charter schools serving approximately 6,350 students in grades K-12 across four campuses.
Located in San Diego County, California, High Tech High (HTH) is guided by four connected design principles—equity, personalization, authentic work, and collaborative design—that set aspirational goals and create a foundation for understanding our approach. If you are motivated by these principles, we encourage you to join our team!
HTH seeks a Middle School Math/Science Teacher to join the teaching team at one of our five middle schools. Math/Science teachers integrate both subject areas in order to foster a deeper understanding of content in a purposeful learning environment.
Under the general supervision and guidance of the School Director, Teachers are responsible for preparing lesson plans and educating students. Their duties include assigning homework, grading tests, and documenting progress. Teachers must be able to command their classroom and reach students with an engaging project-based curriculum. Teachers are responsible for creating and maintaining a learning environment that guides and encourages students to develop and fulfill their academic potential and accomplish the learning goals of High Tech High.
● Embodies High Tech High’s design principles of Equity, Personalization, Authentic Work and Collaborative Design in all work activities and actions
● Creates daily lesson plans with project-based assignments that are engaging, educational and exciting for the kids
● Plans, prepares and delivers instructional activities that facilitate active learning experiences
● Incorporates goals, competencies and objectives into lesson plans in ways that directly apply to the student’s life.
● Achieves school and course-wide performance goals for every student in class
● Grades assignments and homework regularly to keep students updated on how they are doing
● Identifies students who are struggling with learning, emotional problems, or situations at home, and finds them the resources they need
The ideal candidate would possess the following competencies:
● Ability to efficiently and effectively manage the time of self and others
● Ability to work with professionalism, discretion, sound judgment, equity, honesty and personal accountability at all times
● Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills
● Exceptional administrative and organization skills
● Proficient knowledge of teaching strategies and methods
● Ability to incorporate goals, competencies and objectives into lesson plans in ways that directly apply to student’s lives
● Critical thinking skills
● Ability to manage diversity
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
● Bachelor's Degree
● Valid California Single Subject or Multiple Subjects Teaching Credential depending on assignment or Out-of-state teaching license.
* Medical, dental and vision insurance (elective)
* AFLAC supplemental insurance (elective)
* Section 125 Flexible Spending Account (FSA) (elective)
* California State Teacher Retirement Plan (CalSTRS) (mandatory)
* 403(b) Plan and group life insurance (elective)
* No cost after-care for K-8 HTH students of staff members; and
* No cost Teacher Induction for certificated staff
If you fit the qualifications above and are looking for a forward-thinking, innovative institution that embodies visionary leadership and embraces diversity, then High Tech High is the place for you!
To apply, visit our website, and complete an online application:
High Tech High provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, High Tech High complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the practice has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.