Ilir Sela started Slice with the belief that local pizzerias deserve all of the advantages of major franchises without compromising their independence. Starting with his family’s pizzerias, we now empower over tens of thousands of restaurants with the technology, services, and collective power that owners need to better serve their digitally-minded customers and build lasting businesses. We’re growing and adding more talent to help fulfill this valuable mission. That’s where you come in.
The Challenge to Solve
Support Slice’s IT infrastructure by providing top tier service and bolstering its systems by performing maintenance and upgrades as well as implementing new applications and protocols.
The IT Engineer is responsible for managing and maintaining the technological infrastructure of an organization. This role involves designing, implementing, and supporting various IT systems and networks to ensure smooth and efficient operations. The IT Engineer works closely with other IT professionals, as well as different departments within the organization, to provide technical expertise and support.
- Responsible for the installation, continuous monitoring, and maintenance of network equipment, as well as configuring and upkeeping Single Sign-On (SSO) and Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) systems.
- Researching and resolving software and hardware issues encountered by end-users, with expertise in diagnosing technical problems, including those related to account setup, network configuration, and other system issues.
- Efficiently solve technical problems and effectively communicate with end-users to understand the root cause of the issue.
- Assisting customers through various communication channels, such as ticketing system, email, and chat to guide them through the troubleshooting process.
- Implementing and maintaining security measures, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and antivirus software to safeguard the organization's network and data.
- Documenting customer issues for reference and analysis, as well as creating technical notes and manuals to enhance future troubleshooting and training efforts.
- Prioritize and manage their workload effectively.
- Follow up with end-users to ensure that their IT systems are fully functional and that the problem has been resolved to the customer's satisfaction.
Your team will include IT engineers from the US and Belfast, as well as those in Diber and Skopje. You’ll be working alongside one teammate in Ohrid, but we’re a global IT department, working with and assisting those in all offices and remote. Because IT is, in many ways, the backbone of the company’s technology resources, you’ll be closely working with members of all departments across the organization, solving problems and tackling new projects.
The Winning Recipe
We’re looking for creative, entrepreneurial engineers who are excited to build world-class products for small business counters. These are the core competencies this role calls for:
- Bachelor's degree (BS) in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field, or you must have demonstrated work experience in a technical support capacity, such as IT Engineer, Desktop Support Engineer, or IT Help Desk Technician.
- Familiarity with networking concepts and technologies.
- Possesses hands-on experience working with a range of operating systems, including Windows and macOS, along with a solid understanding of computer systems, mobile devices, and various other technology products.
- Strong aptitude for communicating and collaborating effectively with others.
- Demonstrated capability to work both autonomously and as part of a team.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues effectively.
- Possess strong problem-solving skills, adept at offering clear, step-by-step technical support through written and verbal communication.
- Additional certifications related to IT support are a valuable plus, showcasing expertise in specific technology areas.
Working at Slice comes with a comprehensive set of benefits, but here are some of the unexpected highlights:
- Private healthcare insurance
- Flexible Work Environment
- Remote Work
- Wellbeing Program
- Learning and Development Program
The Hiring Process
Here’s what we expect the hiring process for this role to be, should all go well with your candidacy. This entire process is expected to take 1-3 weeks to complete and you’d be expected to start on a specific date.
- 15-30 minute introductory meeting
- 30-minute hiring manager meeting
- 60-minute technical interview
- 30-minute Executive Interview
Privacy Notice Statement of Acknowledgment
When you apply for a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Slice. Slice is keeping your data safe and secure. Once we have received your personal data, we put in place reasonable and appropriate measures and controls to prevent any accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, or unauthorized access. If selected, we will process your personal data for hiring /employment processes, as well as our legal obligations.If you are not selected for the job position and you have given consent on the question below (by selecting "Give consent") we will store and process your personal data and submitted documents (CV) to consider eligibility for employment up to 365 days (one year). You have the right to withdraw your previously given consent for storing your personal data and CV in the Slice database considering eligibility for employment for a year. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
For additional information and / or exercise of your rights to the protection of personal data, you can contact our Data Protection Officer, e-mail: email@example.com
Last updated on Oct 3, 2023